Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Good inexpensive pistol grip forearm for Mossberg 500?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Dizzy Beaver, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Dizzy Beaver

Dizzy Beaver

Jan 27, 2013
    Looking for recommendations on a decent inexpensive pistol grip forearm for my Mossberg 500. I already have a decent folding stock and pistol grip on it.

I bought the gun over ten years ago and am happy with it except that I have to push the forearm forward with a lot of force to ensure that the shell chambers properly. If I don't push it hard enough, something doesn't lock up correctly and it won't fire. I think that a pistol grip would help me to push it forward with more force and reduce the chances of things not locking up like they should.

I'd like a forearm with a flashlight, but I think that's just going to be way too pricey for me right now.
  2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    A pistolgrip fore-arm, used improperly, will torque the forearm and screw up the weapon.

One reason you rarely see them in use by anyone who knows what's up.

If it's not locking up without a lot of force forward, something internally is not right, and you should have a good shotgun-wise gunsmith check it out.

3. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Yes. Follow MrMurphy's advice. If there is mechanical problem "bolting something on" is not the fix you want on a weapon, particularly one your life may depend on.

ETA: you are aware you are supposed to cycle a pump shotgun firmly IE: "Move with a purpose" ?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013