close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Good Guy Lucifer

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by muscogee, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    [​IMG]

2. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    What does this mean in context to god? That he believes in the single all-powerful deity of himself? Ok, sure...

The god of the bible allows free will in the same sense that Joseph Stalin did. You either choose to do as you are told or you choose to go to a very bad place where bad things happen to you. So, either Stalin was a libertarian or your god is a totalitarian.

Accepting the mythos of your family and community is not brave, it's conformist. It takes a lot more bravery to be the one to point out that the emperor is wearing no clothes.

The nightly news is evidence that mankind needs no supernatural source of evil to sway it to commit crimes upon one another.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013

3. Free will? You do what you're told or go to Hell for eternity. Even Stalin wasn't that draconian. Looks like force to me.

Do you have faith there is a Satan or or you know? Which is it?

Is the presences of evil evidence for the presence of Satan of evidence for that there is not God? How do you "know".

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Fort Worth Texas
    Great post! Keep posting!

Don't worry about me, I can take the "dogpile". It's how I draw these Godless heathens out into the light so God can see their blasphemous attitudes toward him.

5. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    How would you know the bible isn't a trick to keep the unworthy from Nirvana?

6. You claim the Bible is "fiction". May I ask what makes you so sure?

Adults who believe the infinate universe just invented and powers itself let alone the dozens of diverse life forms in say a cup of pond water completely self sufficient and self created amuses me.

Better hope the Bible is fiction. It doesn't end well as a book of "myths and fables" goes for people who reject it's offer of salvation.

Your ranting and jeering of Christian beliefs is amusing to me too.
    Your behaviour concerning your rabid unbelief is exactly what the Bible says it is

Gray_Rider

7. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Nov 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm not the world's most religious guy, but ... well, let me put it this way: I've never been exactly overwhelmed by the intellectual power of most atheists.

8. Michael Rye

Michael Rye

Oct 8, 2012
    SC
    God reads posts on GTRI? Who knew?

I am sure he appreciates your help in drawing us out.

9. DonCT

DonCT

Oct 30, 2004
    Connecticut
    I would think if god was omniscient he wouldn't need JBs help, but that's just me being arrogant again. :rofl:

10. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    And smug, don't forget get smug...

11. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    The latter (imperfect and incomplete) description is supported by literally volumes of empirical observations. The former is supported by absolutely nothing.

Furthermore, the latter is completely logical once you understand the well defined and concrete governing principles whereas the former is a fanciful tale that defies all known scientific knowledge and, to be perfectly honest, strains credulity.

Theists keep trying to pretend modern scientific knowledge is the truly absurd of the two, but all they do is reveal their complete lack of knowledge and poor critical reasoning skills.

Theists always seem to relish this thought. The idea that those that don't buy into their nonsense will get what's coming to them always seems to get them revved up.

12. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 SONS OF LIBERTY

Apr 9, 2001
    Wilderness of Life
    He has you by the balls, and you don't feel his grip.

13. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    It isn't much of a grip if it can't be detected.

14. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    Conflicting stories and claims that contradict reality.

15. DonCT

DonCT

Oct 30, 2004
    Connecticut
    Seriously. My date to the sophomore pin dance had a stronger grip. :whistling:

16. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    Soft hands.

17. Swiper

Swiper

Dec 31, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Free will? Does not force? No coercion? What happens to people who refuses to worship him? Damned for all time in the burning inferno of Hell, perhaps?

18. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Omnipotent God can't squeeze your balls hard enough for you to notice?

He seemed a lot more powerful in the old days.

Randy

19. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Feb 15, 2010
    Tampa, Fl.
    You misunderstand completely, my otherwise totally sensible pen-pal.

Atheists post these things to point out the logical failures of a belief system that is utterly unable to stand up to scrutiny. Its not that they believe in Satan. Its that they think your concept of Satan is so damn hilarious.