close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

good general purpose FMJ

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by Bravo30, May 7, 2012.

1. Bravo30

Bravo30

Dec 28, 2011
    anybody use the 40 cal/10mm TMJ from Speer? .......im looking to re-load a good general purpose FMJ something that can penetrate barriers/urban environment etc etc while feeding reliably. as of now I have a G20 with factory 6'' barrel an 22lb spring. i wont be doing any target shooting just stocking a pile of high power ''go to'' ammo just in case some **** goes down for lack of a better term

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    They would work, I cast my own bullets for the same reason...Just in case!

3. KenMac

KenMac

Nov 21, 2011
    I would think you'd want to do some target shooting. I should do more than I do, but try to stay comfortable with my weapons. Did you mean that you'll target shoot other rounds?

4. Bravo30

Bravo30

Dec 28, 2011

yes, ill target shoot with other rounds as well as a few of what ever I decide to stock up to get familiar an evaluate reliability an such........I just meant that im not lookin to load a FMJ to target shoot with. i can buy those off the shelf or whip up some berrys real quick for plinking

5. gofastman

gofastman

Jan 29, 2010
    MN
    Speer TMJ's are superlative FMJ bullets.
    They are very tough, and would be the choice for a self defense FMJ, if there is such a thing...
    Hornady FMJ's are good too, but Im not sure if that is a TMJ bullet or if it has an exposed base.
    Montana Gold offers a TMJ brass jacketed bullet, but I have no idea how strong the core/jacket bond is