close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

good general purpose FMJ

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by Bravo30, May 7, 2012.

1. Bravo30

Bravo30
    Expand Collapse

anybody use the 40 cal/10mm TMJ from Speer? .......im looking to re-load a good general purpose FMJ something that can penetrate barriers/urban environment etc etc while feeding reliably. as of now I have a G20 with factory 6'' barrel an 22lb spring. i wont be doing any target shooting just stocking a pile of high power ''go to'' ammo just in case some **** goes down for lack of a better term

#1 Bravo30, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow
    Expand Collapse
    Ret. Fireman

They would work, I cast my own bullets for the same reason...Just in case!

3. KenMac

KenMac
    Expand Collapse

I would think you'd want to do some target shooting. I should do more than I do, but try to stay comfortable with my weapons. Did you mean that you'll target shoot other rounds?

4. Bravo30

Bravo30
    Expand Collapse

yes, ill target shoot with other rounds as well as a few of what ever I decide to stock up to get familiar an evaluate reliability an such........I just meant that im not lookin to load a FMJ to target shoot with. i can buy those off the shelf or whip up some berrys real quick for plinking

5. gofastman

gofastman
    Expand Collapse

Speer TMJ's are superlative FMJ bullets.
    They are very tough, and would be the choice for a self defense FMJ, if there is such a thing...
    Hornady FMJ's are good too, but Im not sure if that is a TMJ bullet or if it has an exposed base.
    Montana Gold offers a TMJ brass jacketed bullet, but I have no idea how strong the core/jacket bond is