close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Good carry round for G17, 19, 26?

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Montezuma, Jul 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Montezuma

Montezuma

Nov 22, 2010
    Hey Mas-

I recently picked up a G26 for summer carry and have completed the 9mm glock trifecta. What would be a good self defense JHP to purchase in bulk that will run well in all 3 guns? I figured that I would be looking at one of the 147gr loads (Federal HST, Remington Golden Saber Winchester Ranger-T being the contenders) or should I stick with the 124gr +P Gold Dots? I am open to other suggestions as well, but was recently soured on DPX so I want to look at some of the more "street proven" 9mm rounds that are carried routine by our nation's law enforcement.

I am reasonably sure that no matter which of the loads I choose I will be well armed, but I thought I'd ask for your .02 USD.

Thanks!

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    If you've already proven two of the three guns with 124 +P Gold Dots, which tend to be more readily available than some of the other loads, I see no reason to change.
    best,
    Mas

3. Montezuma

Montezuma

Nov 22, 2010
    No reason to pick a load that will work optimally out of a the G26 3" barrel? I was thinking a 147gr load would suffer less from the shorter barrel length. Availability isnt a huge concern for me as I will probably order online.

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    With a short barrel, you can have a slow bullet going a little slower, or a fast bullet going a little slower. I'm inclined toward the latter, but the choice is always yours.

best of luck whatever you choose,
    Mas