close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good at shooting interactive targets, but not paper

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mr00jimbo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

Yesterday I went to get a pistol worked on and the 'smith was teaching a small basic IPSC class. We signed up for it.

I took my gun, a CZ SP-01 and tried it out. From 7 meters I was grouping very poorly, all over. I very rarely shoot any more, maybe once every three months now. What I was shooting was a basic piece of cardboard.
    I was trying my best to focus on the front sight and make the target and the rear sights blurry, but i couldn't do it. I couldn't focus enough to aim at a single part of the paper. My eyes focused on the front and rear sight, and the target was slightly blurry ,then the sights got blurry a bit but the target was clear.

I do wear corrective lenses and am near-sighted.

However, when I shoot interactive targets like cans, pop bottles, etc. I am a much better shot and am more able to put my shots where I want them.
    On targets though, even bullseye targets, I have a difficult time focusing on the front sight and just kind of see the whole thing as a piece of paper/cant concentrate.

Any tips?

2. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

My guess is the blank cardboard allow you, your eyes, and arms more room to wonder in a sense. Where as the reactive targets are small and much more easy for you to focus and concentrate on

3. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Aim small miss small. Try putting neon stickers about one inch diameter or less on your large target

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire