close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Golden Sabre / Ultimate home defense

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Patriot78, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Patriot78

Patriot78

May 9, 2009
    Hello again Mas, I was looking to buy some Golden Sabers in 230 grain .45 and I came across the ( New? ) Remington HD Ultimate Home Defense rounds. The store was out of Golden Sabers so I opened the box and was surprised ( confused ) that the HD looked exactly like the GS. I went ahead and bought them cause I needed some HP for my .45. I went on Remingtons website and looked at the specs. They seem to be the exact same round as the GS. Is this just some new marketing ploy, or am I missing something? They have the exact same bullet and casing as the GS; but I was wondering if they maybe have a different powder or charge? Like I said before, they have all the same specs. as the GS. I was hoping you could let us know if it's truly different or just a GS with a more P.C. name. Thanks again for all you do for us Mas.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I reached out to Remington for you on this, and their official company answer follows verbatim:

"These are the same loads, same design, same specifications.

Golden Saber is our premium P&R duty ammunition for the Law Enforcement market. The Home Defense brand has been re-named and repackaged for the commercial market. The brand 'Home Defense' more clearly defines the product usage for the commercial shooter."

best,
    Mas

3. Patriot78

Patriot78

May 9, 2009
    Same rounds in a warm and fuzzy package? [​IMG] Thank you Mas, and thank you Remington for giving us the " People of the jury, yes my client used hollow points, BUT they were special Home Defense rounds. " argument.