close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Golden Boy front sight

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Hetuck, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Hetuck

Hetuck

Sep 16, 2009
    Just picked up a used Golden Boy for $300 (everything is in excellent condition with exception to a couple of dings in the rear stock from hanging on the wall). At any rate, I love the rifle BUT I need to do something about the front sight.

The blade on the front sight is just way too small for me. I can pick it up but it's just not comfortable. Any recommendations on replacement? Is there maybe some kind of fiber optic sight I can pick up for it? Thanks.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

3. Hetuck

Hetuck

Sep 16, 2009
    I checked on there but don't believe I saw anything. Midway had an option or two but the reviews seemed iffy. Cheaper than dirt had a set that looked to be for the golden boy mag (which I assume would work for .22lr) but I didn't want to have to replace the rear sight.

Hoping to find someone that has actually replaced their sight and had good luck with it.

4. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I have a Golden Boy in 22 Win Mag and a Big Boy in 357
    Outstanding rifles!

5. Hetuck

Hetuck

Sep 16, 2009
    Ha! Emailed Henry and they were little to no help. All they did was tell me to contact Marbles which supplies them with the sights for the golden boy. I guess all I really need is the height of the sight (apparently the dovetail is 3/8") and then I can go find one.

6. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Henry's customer service is OUTSTANDING.
    Ask the what you are looking for, they will tell you or point
    you in the right direction. What did Marbles say?

7. Hetuck

Hetuck

Sep 16, 2009
    Here is what Marbles replied:

"Thank you for your request. Our part number for the green front sight is #204536 and for the orange is #204535.

If you have any further questions, let me know."

Now I'll see where I can find one at. I'll post what I find once I get one installed.

8. Hetuck

Hetuck

Sep 16, 2009
    Update: I found these at MidwayUSA and they are $14.45. I will likely order one this weekend.