Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Gold Dot 125g. regular v. the H-V law-enforcement load

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by jeffreybehr, May 19, 2010.

1. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Chronographed the 2 today. Glock 32 with Lone Wolf 4.5" barrel, Shooting Chrony 1st screen at 10', about 90d.F.

Commercial load #23918--1355FPS, SD 7, sample size 10.
    LE HV load #54234--1371FPS, SD 11, sample size 10.

Both shot small groups. I'm impressed and I'm now carrying the HV load.
  2. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Jan 15, 2009
    Interesting. I expected a wider range between the two. I am carrying the Speer LE Gold Dot "Duty Ammunition" 53972. It has a much more potent recoil than the Remington Golden Sabers I carried originally. Thanks for your results.

3. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    YW, Frank. I have a new CED chronograf coming tomorrow so will soon have some new data on these various loads. I have no more of the regular 125GD loads* but plenty of the LE HV loads plus the Fiocchi Extreme XTP Line 124g. loads. Also have my 2 reloads--for PD (124g. XTPs over 800X that achieved about 1400FPS last time) and practice (124g. Berry's HPs over Longshot).

I guess my next trip to Ben Avery will be for velocity measuring. Poor me. :supergrin:

Will post soon.

* If anyone has a dozen Speer 125g. GD factory loads to ship to me, I'll ship you that many of the LE HV loads plus a check for your shipping cost. E-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net if you're interested.