close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Going to see a play in Clearwater. Can I legally carry?

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by rodg74, Feb 15, 2010.

1. rodg74

rodg74

Dec 14, 2007
    Fl. Suncoast
    I be traveling to Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater. It's not a sporting event so, Can I legally carry at this venue? Since I've never been there, is this venue located in a safe area?
    Thanks for your time.

2. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

Sep 28, 2009
    Englewood, FL
    http://flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.....HTM&Title=->2009->Ch0790->Section 06#0790.06
    I above quoted the Florida Statute concerning where it is prohibited to carry. I have never been to Ruth Eckerd Hall, but from reading the above statute, it looks like you are allowed to carry there. It would not fall under professional sporting event, so as long as it is not a career center, college or university, I would say your good.

I have never been up to the Clearwater area, so I cannot tell you the type of neighborhood this place is in, or what you will be traveling through. I would carry anyway though, if your legally able to carry might as well, better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

3. CigarGuy

CigarGuy

Sep 30, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    No problem with the area. Big, lighted parking lots. Lots of people. Some condo's around, but nothing else. Really not a neighborhood.