close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Going to purchase

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Ceefuhs, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Ceefuhs

Ceefuhs

Dec 9, 2008
    Getting ready to pickup a 2nd Gen model 21 with a two letter serial number. Comes with the correct box and appropriate manuals, clips and what not. Has been shot. I am paying $500. Decent price?

Thanks for the help.

Cee

2. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    It's hard to say, because there are a lot of factors, like, what do used Glocks sell for in your area? There is nothing particularly collectible about older 2nd generation Glocks, yet. Maybe in 40-50 years, there will be, but for now, they're just shooters. In my area that price would be a little on the high side.

Also, be aware that there was a "warranty upgrade" on the older G-21s. You'll have to check your serial number with Glock, but it was an out-of-spec pick-up rail that needs to be re-machined. Glock will do this for free, but you'll be out of a slide for a month or two, probably...

3. m4arc

m4arc

Dec 6, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Unless you like the older style or just want it for your collection I would say the price is high considering that new ones go for $530 around here.

4. Ceefuhs

Ceefuhs

Dec 9, 2008
    >> Unless you like the older style <<

Correct, I dislike the grooves. My hand doesn't fit right.

>> just want it for your collection <<

A small part of it yes.

Thanks again for the input. I thought it was a smidge high, thanks for confirming for me.

5. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

Mar 7, 2005
    Michigan
    I would not buy a pistol that takes clips. See if they can convert it to the one that takes magazines.