close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Going Piggie hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Sharker, Jan 26, 2007.

1. I just got the invite to hunt with a buddy on an island he has rights to here in the salt marshes. He went a couple weeks ago (first time in 3 years) and said the pigs have over run it. We are gonna be limited to rimfire and bow, so not the most ideal of situations, but its gonna be a blast.

Havent been in the woods for a year, so I figured I would share the excitement. The whole trip is gonna cost me a tank of gas. I will try to remember to bring the digital so I can document, but wont be able to post pics till next week.

2. eagles405

eagles405

Oct 27, 2004
    TX
    Good Luck aand stay safe! I hope to be hunting some wild pork soon too.

Eagles 405

3. Thanks eagle. Good luck to you on your up and coming. This is my first real hunt all year, so I am stoked (new job has really screwed with my hobbies)

I just found out the owner says hand guns are ok too, so I may get to pop one with the .45acp! Man I am pumped.

4. I'm also hog hunting sunday and maybe I might get an evening in on sat also if I get lucky. Looking for a small boar/sow weighing 100-150lbs or I would love to get a a juicy 70-80lb hog for the grill. Plan on splitting him/her from tail to nose and roasting him for Valentine day if possible

5. eagles405

eagles405

Oct 27, 2004
    TX
    Noway,

Just make sure to take some extra ammo with you. good luck:thumbsup: :wavey:

eagles 405

6. Yeah I took alot of ammo ( 12 rounds vrs my standard 6 ) and saw one hog , 5 deer and had about 6 turkeys looking at me from a far on sunday. No luck the hog was about 175ft away and go thru a sendero and into a oak cluster. By the time I seen him he might as well have been 200miles away ;sad

No other activities other the deer and turkeys. I sat under the same oak tree that I saw the above hog and about 2.5 hrs later I heard some rustle and got all tense and excite but when the Tom stuck his head out and spot me it was game over. The suprise for me was when 5 other males came running and jumping out of the cover when big male #1 cluck and ran.

Just seeing those birds made my day, nope my week, I just hope they would do something stupid like this come the ending of March/april

;)