close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Goin' hog hunting!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Roger C, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Roger C

Roger C
    Expand Collapse

A friend and I are making plans to go hunt boar in a few weeks, I am so stoked! I didn't get a chance to do any hunting this past fall, and am really looking forward to it. Here's the place we are going: White Oak Hunting

I can already taste all that good barbeque.... :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Michigun

Michigun
    Expand Collapse
    Miss Michigan?

And the weapon will be? You can't just leave us hanging like that. ;)

3. Seaworm

Seaworm
    Expand Collapse

Just got back from dove hunting in South Texas - saw some damn big hogs down there. Best of luck Roger!

4. Roger C

Roger C
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, Michigun, I'm taking my Rem 700 (ADL Synthetic, .30-'06), and a Rem 870 slug gun. No handguns this time. My partner is a serious bow hunter, and will likely bring his slug gun, too.

I'm just excited about the chance to get out there. Paper targets get boring as heck after a while. ;a

Seaworm, how was your luck? I haven't talked to anybody who was dove hunting up here in Virginia, did you have some success?

5. Seaworm

Seaworm
    Expand Collapse

Roger,

We faired pretty well, especially for this time of year. I agree with you about the paper targets (or clay targets for that matter). It's nice to get out and do something different every once in a while. Is turkey season still open where you are? And, can you shoot one if you get the chance?

Best,
    Jason

6. 7mmmag

7mmmag
    Expand Collapse

Looks like some realy BIG hogs there! I'm envious.Good luck, Roger mmmmmbarbecue!!;)

7. Roger C

Roger C
    Expand Collapse

Seaworm,
    Might get a chance at turkeys this Spring, but it depends on whether I can find a location to hunt. I've never hunted turkey before, but I'd sure like to give it a try!