close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Goin' hog hunting!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Roger C, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Roger C

Roger C

May 9, 2000
    VA, USA
    A friend and I are making plans to go hunt boar in a few weeks, I am so stoked! I didn't get a chance to do any hunting this past fall, and am really looking forward to it. Here's the place we are going: White Oak Hunting

I can already taste all that good barbeque.... :)

2. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Mar 1, 2001
    Michigan, USA
    And the weapon will be? You can't just leave us hanging like that. ;)

3. Seaworm

Seaworm

Jan 17, 2003
    TX
    Just got back from dove hunting in South Texas - saw some damn big hogs down there. Best of luck Roger!

4. Roger C

Roger C

May 9, 2000
    VA, USA
    Sorry, Michigun, I'm taking my Rem 700 (ADL Synthetic, .30-'06), and a Rem 870 slug gun. No handguns this time. My partner is a serious bow hunter, and will likely bring his slug gun, too.

I'm just excited about the chance to get out there. Paper targets get boring as heck after a while. ;a

Seaworm, how was your luck? I haven't talked to anybody who was dove hunting up here in Virginia, did you have some success?

5. Seaworm

Seaworm

Jan 17, 2003
    TX
    Roger,

We faired pretty well, especially for this time of year. I agree with you about the paper targets (or clay targets for that matter). It's nice to get out and do something different every once in a while. Is turkey season still open where you are? And, can you shoot one if you get the chance?

Best,
    Jason

6. 7mmmag

7mmmag

Jan 13, 2004
    WYO
    Looks like some realy BIG hogs there! I'm envious.Good luck, Roger mmmmmbarbecue!!;)

7. Roger C

Roger C

May 9, 2000
    VA, USA
    Seaworm,
    Might get a chance at turkeys this Spring, but it depends on whether I can find a location to hunt. I've never hunted turkey before, but I'd sure like to give it a try!