Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Gods annual Sabbaths

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by FCoulter, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Well as the fall season dawns upon us, Gods fall Holy Day season begins.Starting Sept. 17 we will celebrate The Feast of Trumpets, this is a very important Feast Day in Gods plan for mankind.

Sept.26 we will issue in The Day of Atonement, another very important Day in the furture of Gods People.

Then on Oct.1-7 we celebrate the most looked forward to of Gods Holy Days. The Feast of Tabernacles. It is rounded up on Oct.8 with The Last Great Day.

I am excited we are in the fall Holy Day season.
    Me and my family will be in the Smokey Mountains during Tabernacles.

These are Gods annual Sabbaths that along with His weekly Sabbath are to be kept forever. They are all shown being kept in the New Test long after Christ died. The prophecy of the OT clearly shows we will be keeping them after Jesus returns.

So the ball is in your court, you can embrace Gods commands and enjoy them as God wants us to, or you can choose satans deception can reject them.

The choice is yours.
  2. There is a third choice. It is to reject your deceptions.

Galatians 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
    4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
    4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
    4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
    4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
    4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
    4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
    4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
    4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

3. FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Some people dont have a clue what Paul is talking about in Galations.They try to reason it out in their own mind and reject all the scripture that disproves their way of thinking.

God knew this though when He inspired this to be written.

Proverbs 14:12
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="22" align="center" class="mainbk" style="background-color: rgb(185, 227, 255); "><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="bluebk3" width="98%" style="background-color: rgb(249, 253, 255); background-image: url(<a href=" http:="""" lline.gif);"="" target="_blank">
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="btext" height="20" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(0, 19, 32); line-height: 21px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; text-align: justify; ">There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death
    Jesus is clear what He will say to those that teach lawlessness, and that Gods laws, His Sabbaths,commands are no longer to be kept.

Matt. 7:<sup class="versenum" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: top; ">21 </sup>Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    <sup class="versenum" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: top; ">22 </sup>Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    <sup class="versenum" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: normal; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: top; ">23 </sup>And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.(lawlessness)

So go on teaching, picking and choosing which of Gods laws fit into your life style.

I promise by Gods word, some day you will stand before Jesus and Matt. 7 will become clear.

Till then dont rain on the parade of Gods people who truely know Him and the purpose of His Holy Days.

Just carry on keeping pagan days that men made and be happy in that.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  4. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
  5. That's very true. You seem to follow "some people."

Yes; this Coulter guy is one two of them. :tongueout:

Posting scripture that says that some men will follow incorrect doctrines isn't evidence that YOUR man-made doctrine is correct.

Vic, I'm glad to see that you're finally starting to see that the OT Law has been fulfilled and thus abrogated.

We're no longer under the OLD covenant, but under the NEW.
  6. FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    Well, please enlighten us on the true meaning of galations dear Bert.

As for Vic, hes a fence rider. He picks and chooses which laws he wants to keep...wait I am sorry. He doesnt pick and choose which laws to keep. He let a half crazed woman from the 1800's choose for him.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  7. In just a couple of sentences?

He wrote this to defend the Gospel against the Judaizers.
    Read in conjunction with Romans & Hebrews, it is clear that the old Law was part of the Old Covenant, and not the New.
  8. IhRedrider

IhRedrider Not a walker

Mar 28, 2011
    You do realize that the man you refer to as "Jesus" was born to a Jewish woman and was raised as a "Jew". How does that fit into your claims that "the "Feasts of the Jews" is not important to Jesus" doctrine?
  9. The importance of the feasts was to foreshadow as a type the coming of Christ. When Jesus came the feast days and laws of Moses met their fulfillment in Him.

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
    2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace;
    2:16 And that he might reconcile both to God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

This is not the Ten Commandments which are the Covenant. These are the book of the law of Moses that was added because of transgressions.

Galatians 2:14 having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;
    2:15 having stripped the principalities and the authorities, he made a shew of them openly — having triumphed over them in it.
    2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
    2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things,
    and the body [is] of the Christ;
  10. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

A shadow of things to come. Future tense. He only fulfilled the spring feasts the first time. He will fulfill the fall feasts on the rebound. How can He have fufilled them all Vic? What about prophecy? Has it ALL been fufilled?

I hate to sound like a broken record, but your theology is wrong because you contradict your own Messiah.

Mat 5:18 &#8220;For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.

Sorry, but as much as you would like it to be so, Scripture cannot be broken. And I trust His Word, which is why I obey. That's the biblical definition of faith. Do you Shema?

See the sig line. FOREVER.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Isaiah 59 has nothing to do with your annual feast days.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  12. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    John 19:30
    30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
  13. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

Uhh, yeah. Does this really need a response?

But if I don't you'll just accuse me of not being able to refute it. So I will.

The earth is still here. Wake up!
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  14. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

When you understand that the Word is the Word, it has everything to do with it.

Paul and John both refer to them.

...the Last Trump...
    ...the Wedding Supper of the Lamb...

I'll let you figure it out. You might learn something.
  15. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    Then Christ was referring to moral law.
    What does "it is finished" mean?
    Why did Christ intervene in a Mosaic law that required death for the sin of the woman in John chapter 8? That law was not carried out. Was that a jot or a tittle?
    And I've heard the different "excuses" which are BS.
    Christ set the precedent for the future in that passage.
    Another point... the very foundation of Christian doctrine is REPENTANCE, FORGIVENESS, LOVE.
    How can a sinner repent if that sinner is killed according to the law? Repentance is for the living.
    The Mosaic punishment laws are contrary to Christ's teachings. They can't exist together any more than matter and anti-matter.
    The math is pretty clear the harsh laws were hung on the cross.
  16. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    So, you are confusing the the Second Comming, and the Resurection.
  17. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

I guess there's a point or a question in there somewhere. Could you be more precise?

He wasn't referring to any law. His mission was finished. He did what He was sent to do. At that point He cried out "Father, Father, why have you spared me (Aramaic Translation) and gave up His Spirit.

The woman you're speaking of wasn't punished because she had no accusers. Very simple. Two or more witnesses are required to establish a fact. There were none. Over.

Furthermore, where was the man? She can't commit fornication by herself. The accusers were not following the Torah in bringing her there alone any way. They knew they were wrong. They were called on it. And they left.
  18. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

Aug 2, 2002
    NKY/Cincinnati area
    He was sent to fulfill and did.

She was caught in the act. As for the man, obviously he escaped. There is no reference to the details which is not the point of the passage.

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

There were no longer any accusers because Christ shamed them into leaving.
    There is no question she was guilty according to the law. Christ acknowledged that.
    Christ did not argue legalities and procedures. He set the stage for what was to come at Calvary.
    Christ set the precedent for the future in that passage.

You did not address the following...

We will have to agree to disagree because I'm not changing my convictions on the issue.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  19. How can someone be told to sin no more if their is no longer a law to break?

The moral law remains, the change is to be inside of us by the Holy Spirit.

The Mosaic laws were meant for the ancient nation of Israel. You can see in the following two verses that these laws were separate, the Covenant ten commandments and the statutes and judgments which were the Law of Moses.

Deuteronomy 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
    4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
  20. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

He is the one who gave those laws in the first place. He is the same yesterday, today, and FOREVER. You are the one who can't exist together with His commandments. He asked her, "Where are your accusers?" There were none. He was following the Law.

Not one jot or tittle.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.