God, But Mostly Science, Helps Cure Colorado Teen of Cancer

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by DonCT, Sep 4, 2013.

1. http://gma.yahoo.com/god-mostly-sci...o-teen-cancer-101457132--abc-news-health.html

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

I could not make it past the first paragraph without choking on the religious inconsistency.

Here we have a 17 year old, devout Roman Catholic; developing a persistent cough, fatigue, and eventually a cancerous mass.

Remember the other GTRI thread: Studies show atheism may be a mental illness.

"In 2006, population researchers at the University of Texas discovered that the more often you go to church, the longer you live. In the same year researchers at Duke University in America discovered that religious people have stronger immune systems than the irreligious."

But today at 19, Srsich is in remission, again active in athletics at Regis University, a Jesuit college in Denver, and on the path to the priesthood.

Religion still can't stop cancer, huh? :dunno:

3. Science will be the end of our current way of life.

4. All that quote says is that his beliefs helped him get through a tough experience. Why should that be shocking.

I would also believe that "religious" people live longer on average. Happy people have less stress and better health. Its a lot easier to be happy if you believe that everything happens for a reason and that death isn't the end.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

5. Placebos have been proven effective as well, same logic.

6. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

#6 Geko45, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  7. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

I wish I had discovered that and patented placebos.

I'd be one rich mofo today...

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

8. That's what I'm hoping for... and good riddance.

9. One can only hope. Our current way sucks a little.

10. :supergrin:

11. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

To be fair, this is the best it's ever been, but of course that's only because secularism and individual liberty are at thier all time highs and totalitarianism and theocracy have been pushed to the fringes of society. Overall, I feel fortunate to be alive today. It's not perfect, but compared to what was just a short few hundred years ago, we are living pretty damn well.

#11 Geko45, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  12. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

So far so good! Although to be fair, bad people exploit technology for bad things, so it its not a clear cut victory for mankind in every case. Just like religion, really. Its been twisted to justify atrocities in the past by bad people too.

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#12 steveksux, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  13. God couldn't do it himself so he inspired the scientist/doctors. there, covered both sides...