close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GNC Mega Mens Vitamins-how good?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by 21 shooter, Nov 28, 2004.

1. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Aug 22, 2001
    NC
    Has anyone used this vitamin? It contains green tea leaf extract, and it contains .5 mg of caffeine per vitamin. Just how much is that compared to a cup of coffee or glass of tea?

They claim that the vitamin is released over a 5 hour period, with most other brands being released and out of your system in about 3 hours. There are so many products on the shelves that is a bit confusing.

2. testosterone

testosterone

Aug 26, 2003
    las vegas
    both green tea and caffiene cause a release of norephenepherine, which in turn helps to give you a small jolt which in turn boosts metabolism, curbs hunger...thus having some effect on fat loss. If you are looking for a multi vitamin with these qualities then go for it. Personally I only use Great Earth vitamins. Daily intake regimine is one ultra strength multi-vitamin, 2 extra strengh multi-mineral, 4g of vitamin c and 1g of vitamin e. Keep in mind though that im an extremely active person who busts ass in the gym 5x a week so i need all the nutritional support i can get. A sedetary adult will not need these types of dosages.

3. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Aug 22, 2001
    NC
    I am in the more sedentary class, but hitting the gym like that would be good for me. If stress burned calories, I would be in good shape! I tried this vitamin and so far it seems to agree with my system, and I believe the time release part does help.

What are Great Earth vitamins, and where do you find them?

4. testosterone

testosterone

Aug 26, 2003
    las vegas
    great earth is the brand name. they can be found at some malls..they are a smaller operation and not as wide spread as gnc. you can order them from their website. Greatearth.com i believe.

5. boston strangler

boston strangler

Aug 5, 2003
    Texas
    GNC is a rip-off. Check out www.dpsnutrition.com.

1 cup coffee = 200mg. caffeine

Also look at Vitamin World. They have retail stores all over USA not sure of WWW address

6. JMF

JMF Millennium Member

Jul 4, 1999
    SW WA
    From what I can tell this vitamin works good for me, been useing it about 2 years. I feel pretty good for haveing the crapy diet I do, the vitamins have to be helping.