close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gma 7 Takeover in 1987

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by chowchow, Apr 24, 2008.

1. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Naka FAL rifle pa itong rebeldeng sundalo .

[​IMG]

Left guy has a shoestring M16 sling. Last guy on right has WW2 type handheld radio. Cellphone dati.

[​IMG]

2. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    you forgot to mention the icom vhf handheld. nung 80's mga tigas lang meron nun.

3. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Kahit ano ang M 60 MG is iconic of Vietnam as well as Rambo First Blood.

4. Clusterbomb

Clusterbomb

Jan 22, 2008
    Ever tried draping linked 7.62mm ammo around your body like that?

I have. Man, ang bigat!!

5. magsasaka

magsasaka

Jun 17, 2006
    pangasinan
    Hi sirs and look at those uzi's sa background, i can still remember there was one coup where two APC's were firing machine guns at each other sa santa mesa ata yun, nagpapalakpakan pa mga nanonood sa gilid-gilid, hehehe... ah well...

6. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
  7. bmag

bmag

Jan 5, 2007
    Paranaque City
    For a while there..I was searching for Uzis.
    He he.
    Nako me bata pa.

8. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault

:supergrin:hehehe...me too! But those people served as the first line of defense and spelled out the difference!

Nice to remember those days....:hugs:

10. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Marcos Loyalists ang mga rebelde nito. Of course, karamihan taga Norte.

11. these are not loyalists but instead are part of the RAM group. notice the 'guardians' head band.

and here I was, looking for the same IMI UZIs' :)

12. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    It's either a 02-N or a 02-AT.

13. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    There was a story that came out in the Army circles that during the 1990 coup, an infantryman fired an anti-tank rocket (or was it a 90-RR?) on an APC. One of the casualties inside the APC was his brother.

Chowchow,

Try looking for the footage of a soldier firing a 90-RR either in Sta. Ana or Sta. Mesa during the 1987 coup. The news said that the shell hit and damaged a house in Marikina. Fortunately, nobody was inside the house.

BTW, the soldier with the FAL reminds me of a band member of VST and Company.:supergrin:

14. gen1

gen1

Jan 22, 2005
    Philippines
    Val sotto ? :supergrin:

15. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Naka FAL, hanep. Baka designated marksman yata . Noon dati walang scopes ang snipers.

16. magsasaka

magsasaka

Jun 17, 2006
    pangasinan
    sorry if i misled you sirs, si col honasan ata tsaka si manong johnny naka Uzi that time or was it in 1986?:embarassed:

sir chow: yup live rounds were fired...

sir isuzu: i also heard that one on the radio it was so unfortunate and yes +1 on that VST looking soldier...

17. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    I think that incident happened in CAmp Aguinaldo when the rebels were assaulting the camp. The brother was in an LVT and teh other was manning a 90 RR or a 75 MM cannon.

18. Clusterbomb

Clusterbomb

Jan 22, 2008
    If I remember the old footages right, Gringo carried a strange-looking M-14 with a short barrel and a folding stock slung on one shoulder and a 9mm Browning Hi-Power on a chest holster.

Yup, the guy with the FN rifle is none other than Val Sotto of VST & Co. Jokes lang! He does look like him though, ha-ha!

19. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Looking at the second picture, I admire the soldiers' gun handling. Naka trigger finger out.

20. Yup, the wall where the LVT broke through was the part near temple drive, just about the area where you have the make shift u-turn slot.