Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glocks new trigger safety!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stuntjake912, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuntjake912

Nov 16, 2007
    Was at the gun show this weekend after helping with range duty. And I noticed a new trigger safety for glock models. It's a metal replacement trigger that has a button safety on it. $65 and all of the Indy police force are using them. It's made by a company owned by glock. Very easy to disengage and engage. And it still has the standard glock split trigger safety.
  2. carpboy

Mar 4, 2005
    Rock Vegas
    Bad Idea!It will not replace proper training and trigger discipline.When you really need to use your Glock it can be a stumbling block if you were to forget to disengage it!An answer looking for a question.

3. markerbeacon

Aug 3, 2012
    Madison, AL
    Siderlock? $49 at Amazon
  4. What was the name of the company do you remember ?

Welcome to the forum
  5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Good thing you did not buy any real estate from that salesman.:rofl:
  6. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    One post. Sounds like a troll?

There is no "company owned by Glock". There is JUST Glock when it comes to parts.

You were reeled in hook, line, and sinker.
  7. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    I don't like the concept.

When I'm carrying my Glock it is in a holster. The holster completely covers the trigger.

There is no chance the Glock will discharge while holstered.

If I need to draw my pistol, I don't need another safety to slow me down.
  8. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Tried the siderlock. Worked as advertised, can't complain. Once my comfort level increased, took it off and now like the stock setup.
  9. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
  10. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
  11. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

Aug 15, 2004
    On the road to nowhere
    I think I will stick to keeping my trigger finger on the side of the frame until ready to fire, kthnx.
  12. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    Oh you can't teach that... Or can you?
  13. ignantmike

May 14, 2008
    yeah, i'm thinking sliderlock
  14. PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    Long guns and hand guns have had safety mechanisms for decades (many still do), and the objection to them didn't surface until folks on the Internet started justifying the absence of a safety on their Glock pistols. Revolvers didn't have safeties, but that wasn't an issue because most who carried them relied on the long, hard trigger pull to prevent ND.

The Siderlock safety may in fact be "junk", but trashing the concept of a safety on firearms is denying practical, safe operation in favor of 'popular' SD theory.

Since Glocks don't have a safety, anyone who carries one with a round in the chamber damn well better learn to keep his finger off of the trigger.

I try not to run my fingers into my table saw blade, but many well trained, experienced, professional woodworkers do. Hmmmm. Looks like using a saw every day for years would provide the practice and awareness one needs to avoid making that mistake.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  15. xRUSTYx

xRUSTYx 9mm Fanboy

Jan 26, 2013
    Deep South
    A VERY intelligent and thought out post!

I've learned VERY smart trigger discipline through practice and experience, BUT, I think this is a great option for those still not comfortable carrying a firearm without a safety.

Just sticking one of these on without practice won't do you much good. But just like other modifications, practice makes perfect :)
  16. flw

Apr 4, 2012
    There are plenty of guns out there that have a safety of one kind or another. Glock has a corner on the point and bang gun. Want a safety then there are plenty of other choices.

The idea of putting a safety on a Glock is like putting a governer on a race car. It defeats one of the advantages of the Glock gun.
  17. HGxyz

Apr 12, 2010
    Washington State
    Glocks do have safeties - three of them. Combined with a good holster, that's just right for those of us who want the gun to fire if and only if we pull the trigger.

A safety on the trigger (like sider lock) seems like a really bad idea to me. If you really feel the need, there are companies that will modify the gun with a thumb safety on the rear of the slide.
  18. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
  19. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Siderlock trigger safety is not new; it has been around for about five years. It was developed by a South American company. Glock itself is a customer when a large customer wishes to have an external applied safety on the issued guns. Unlike the.Comminoli safety, and the safety put on some Australian Glocks, the Siderlock requires no machining or permanent modification of the gun.
  20. PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    HG - When I say Glock doesn't have a safety, I mean there isn't a device that prevents the trigger of a cocked pistol from being pulled. Thus, any force that pushes the trigger rearward will cause a Glock to fire unless that force is applied only to the side of the trigger. You already know that, but some folks may take Glock literature about safe operation literally.

I agree that a thumb safety on or adjacent to the slide is a good idea for anyone who prefers a manual safety.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.