Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glocks mislabeled and Serial #'s to Wrong Models

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by kingclassic, Jan 12, 2009.

1. kingclassic

May 18, 2007
    I bought a G30SF yesterday that apparently has 2 manufacturing errors. SF is not marked on the frame and the serial # comes back as a straight G30. Glock tech said there was only one produced as a prototype without the SF badging on the frame. I don't think this is the prototype but is a manufacturing error of some kind.

I searched but could not find anything on it. Does this have any collectable interest?

See this thread for the discussion.
  2. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    Yes, but you have to find the right collector.

I've seen collectors that are only interested in the LE-marked guns, the commemorative guns (me), and the "first-version" of each particular model as it's upgraded/changed by the factory. What you're gonna need is an "oddity collector". They're out there, but I haven't come across one yet. I'd say keep that NIB, as most people are out shooter theirs. Then go buy another that IS marked "SF" to shoot. I'd wait a couple months (until the supply dries up) and then advertise it on gunbroker. Don't expect to get a REAL high premium so soon after the mistake, but if you hit the right collector, you might score a little premium there.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
  4. JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    My latest G30SF is MPU***.
  5. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
  6. I'm sorry but if your "30SF" isn't marked with an SF on the frame and if your serial number comes back as a basic 30...then my friend; you have a basic G30. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's more than likely a duck. I would say that your G30 is no more collectable than any other G30.