Glock Talk banner

Glocks Made in USA

43K views 134 replies 63 participants last post by  Cashgap 
#1 ·
Didn't even know these existed!!!:wow: Anyone know WHY they exist? From internet rumor mill, it has something to do with the tenifer coating.

See less See more
#127 ·
#130 ·
GLOCK no longer uses tennifer on any guns, Austria- or USA-made. The tennifer treatment causes the parkerized finish to turn out glossy black. The newer treatment, which is a nitration finish used on all current GLOCK models, causes the final parkerized finish to turn out a grey. The company stopped using the tennifer process because of the byproduct, of course. I have heard that it was changed in order for guns to be made in the USA (this was via my Armorer class; I haven't confirmed this elsewhere), though the process was changed across the board.
This is how it was explained to me at my Glock Armorer class as well

#133 ·
I didn't read this entire thread so please excuse me if I'm repeating someone else, but wouldn't Glock's that are made in the USA - well wouldn't the G25 and G28 .380ACP models be able to finally be sold in the USA if they are made in the USA?
I was thinking the same thing. Darn, I should have waited and not bought the Kahr :crying:

I wonder if the USA thing has anything to do with the military getting ready to look at changing from the M9?

#134 ·
I didn't read this entire thread so please excuse me if I'm repeating someone else, but wouldn't Glock's that are made in the USA - well wouldn't the G25 and G28 .380ACP models be able to finally be sold in the USA if they are made in the USA?
Because you can have 9mm. Isn't the 380 the same size pistol as whatever other models in the lineup, so why bother?

#135 ·
Because you can have 9mm. Isn't the 380 the same size pistol as whatever other models in the lineup, so why bother?
Yep. Same size, weight, capacity, price, perceived recoil (because it is blowback), same diameter round, and MAYBE 2/3 the ftlbs energy.

So... why? It's for markets where ownership of military calibers is prohibited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.