close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glocks Made in USA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deputy, Aug 22, 2012.

1. TommyOC

TommyOC
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my made in the usa G17

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. dhgeyer

dhgeyer
    Expand Collapse

They're a little unusual now, but that won't last. They didn't build a factory down there just to produce a few collectables. Paying anyone a premium price for one would be a losing gamble would be my guess.

3. temp888

temp888
    Expand Collapse

Wife and I just got our first pistol and this is my first post on glocktalk. And it's a USA made Glock 17 gen 4.

I hadn't seen anything about USA made Glocks in my research so it blind sided us a bit but we got it anyway. I love USA made. I just want to know it has the same famous Glock reliability and durability.

Is the consensus now that Glock has stopped using the trademark Tenifer treatment everywhere, US and Austria?
    (replaced with gas nitride process)

Have there been any reports of machining, or other quality differences between US and Austrian? Again I love US made, but Austrians have been doing these processes for longer.

A little info. It has the smooth, not grooved trigger. Serial starts with AADX and a very low number. Any idea what the DX is?

4. M 7

M 7
    Expand Collapse

It is simply part of the 4 letter alpha prefix of the alpha-numeric serial number.

The earliest serial numbers seem to have started with two letter prefixes, progressed through three letter prefixes and now we are seeing four letter prefixes.

That makes possible a great many combinations (excluding the obvious four letter profanities that would occur and will likely NOT be used) that should last for several years as it should provide nearly 150 million serial numbers (when used with the numerical portions of the serial numbers) give or take a few thousand. :cool:

#84 M 7, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  5. dolands

dolands
    Expand Collapse

My first post here. It's been very interesting for me to read this thread from the beggining til to the last post since I am planning to buy my first Glock pistol by next month. I am permanently living in the Philippines but I am working abroad. As the earlier post here said, yes, Glock USA is the most commonly and easiest Glock pistol to buy in the Philippines while the Austrian made Glock is not that easy and more expensive compared to the US made Glock. I love US made products but I am concerning of their price difference and with that, I am confuse and thinking that they might have different in their quality. Does anyone here can give or share their idea base on their actual experience of using the Glock USA? Is there any problem regarding the performance and quality of Glock USA?

Please note that the price of Glock USA in the Philippines particularly for G22 Gen 4 is 975 US$ while the Austrian made in the same caliber and model is 1,460 US$. Any thought on this price difference why and what? Looking forward for some clarification to any one who has the idea and opinion that will helps me to make my decision for my first Glock pistol.

6. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro
    Expand Collapse

To me a Glock is a Glock based on my past experiences. Either way I am wondering if there is a difference in quality as I have not fired a USA made gun. I am happy with my Austrian guns.

7. Inebriated

Inebriated
    Expand Collapse

My 19 is a USA-made one. Just as reliable as my Austrian-made guns, and just as good fit/finish, but it just looks prettier with that "USA" on the slide.

8. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity
    Expand Collapse
    Giggity-Goo!!!

So is this now replacing the Austria versions?

#88 Giggity-Giggity, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. myglockisa23

myglockisa23
    Expand Collapse

My Gen 4 19 is made in USA with Georgia Proof marks....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#89 myglockisa23, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  10. Nastynewt

Nastynewt
    Expand Collapse

I would like to have one of the Russian Glocks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Inebriated

Inebriated
    Expand Collapse

That would be thoroughly awesome.

12. burttrans

burttrans
    Expand Collapse

USA made guns same great quality as all the others from my experience! I have USA made G26 and it seems every bit as good as my G19; love them both!

13. jp1*

jp1*
    Expand Collapse

Hello there! I'm also from the Philippines and I also recently bought a Glock 17 USA. It's been working great except for the occasional weak ejection that was said to be plaguing the newer Glock 9mms (both Gen 3 and Gen 4). I've since replaced the ejector (from 336 to the newer 30274) along with the newer non-dipped extractor. It's been working ok so far. I guess the reason for the cheaper price for the USA made Glocks is because it's being brought over by an official Glock dealer straight from the USA factory while the Austrian Glocks have to go to more channels to get here.

As for performance, I used to have a 2nd Gen Glock 19 (Austria) and while it never suffered from weak ejection it was a bit more finicky with reloaded ammo. My newer Glock 17 has not jammed so far (even with reloads) and the weak ejection seems to be a minor problem that seems to have been fixed. All in all, the USA Glocks seem to be on par with the Austrian Glocks. I would not hesitate in betting my life on the two based on my experience with them.

#93 jp1*, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  14. mm197

mm197
    Expand Collapse

Hello
    Is their a difference between USA made and Austria made glock, regarding the corrosion resistance? Do they apply the same new gas nitride process ?
    Thanks

15. iflyem1

iflyem1
    Expand Collapse

My guess would be that there is no difference between Austrian made and USA made Glocks. I'm sure they are all made on the same machines and treated with the same Melonite or whatever you want to call it process. USA glocks dont have to go through US Customs and pay tariffs and whatever else the govt wants to impose as fees to be imported. They will be the same price here, whether made in USA or Austria.

16. oily_oink

oily_oink
    Expand Collapse
    ###########

Me Too!

#96 oily_oink, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  17. 22rtf2

22rtf2
    Expand Collapse
    Peaceful

I live 20 minutes from Glock. I go there every couple months. I see the people that work there. I'll stick to Austrian made.

18. 11BTaz

11BTaz
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't want a foreign made gun "made in USA", just look at what happened to Sig Sauer, they're QC took a *****ing nose dive, I use to love them (German made ones), now you couldn't pay me to take one - I've fired german one and exeter ones, yes I can tell the difference.... Glocks aren't expensive to begin with, so why make them here?

19. Deputy

Deputy
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

That's odd. I had the exact opposite situation with SIG. I wouldn't have one of their non-stainless slide versions as they tended to rust rapidly. But all the modern SIGs work great and I wouldn't trade or sell them for anything.

20. 11BTaz

11BTaz
    Expand Collapse

Triggers on Exeter Sigs are different, especially with SA trigger, have to pull it back "farther" it feels like before the hammer releases, they always "pinch" my finger between the frame and back of the trigger - not a big fan of being "pinched" by my tools.... other things here and there, they just feel "cheap", but that's just me. Now if YOU are happy with what you have with the money you spent that YOU earned - then by all means, ignore what I just said and be happy with your Sigs. I've had people tell me "how *****ty Berettas" are and how you can't "hit the side of a barn with them, especially not issued M9's", then I go and shoot 3" groups at 35 meters, 5" at 50 and know the opposite of what they say is true.

I guess it's all subjective, one man's trash is another's treasure, different tools for different people, right?