close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

glocks in rp subject to recall?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jundeleon, Jul 10, 2004.

1. jundeleon

jundeleon

Aug 31, 2003
    Are Glocks available locally subject to the product recall? I noticed that some demo units' serial number starts with e, a batch which I read somewhere as subject to recall.

Is there a way of pre-checking the serial number of a gun, the actual unit that you will purchase, whether it is subject to a recall?

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    there is link about that somewhere, maybe one of the senior bogs can point you to the right direction.

as for the dealers selling the E and C series, they are probably aiming to victimize customers who are newbies in guns. it was a good thing that PPTS799, one of the elder(but cute daw) bogs provided guidance to my ignorance at that time.;)

3. wunder9

wunder9

Mar 9, 2003
    Philippines
    Here's my experience:

When I ordered a G-34 from Casa Armas MCS late last year, I asked to see a demo unit. I was surprised to find the demo unit at Twin Pines Ali Mall (its sister company) to be E series. So I checked w/ Casa what's the prefix of the unit I would receive. They reassured me it wouldn't be E series. The unit I got had a G prefix.

4. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    The E prefix which was affected by the re-call is G19 only. BTW, Glock calls it upgrade not re-call.

vega

5. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    Nice.

;f

6. By all means you can and should ask the serial number of the gun being sold to you (I would not have agreed to an "E"), and check the serial number when you see the actual unit for the first time ,before you walk out the door with it.And make sure they are not selling you a demo unit- they tried that on me. Ask them bluntly... if they hesitate to answer..aahh

Caveat emptor, as usual.Good luck.

7. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Not all E-series are affected and not limited at all to a specific Glock model. GLockTalk has a list of the specific serial range somewhere in the archives of General Glocking. My G19's serial was EHZ-xxx and it wasn't affected. A call to Glock by one of the US-based fellow Filipino confirmed this.

Then again, you would want a unit out of this range for peace of mind. Make sure the dealer is aware at the outset that you won't be accepting a unit in the E range.

Yup, caveat emptor fully applies here, as with any other gun dealer.

Good luck.

8. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    ahhhh...perfection;a

9. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    My G19 have EEHxxx and is not part of the "up-grade".;)

vega

10. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    You can also call Glock's Customer Service Department in Smyrna, GA... they have a hotline number for customers who want to inquire about whether their firearm is included in the "upgrade" or not. Wait a minute, I never knew perfection had to be upgraded ;Q

11. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    well now you know, and knowing is half the battle! GI Joe!!!!!!!!!;b