close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glockmeister Guide Rods for a CCW pistol?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bcj128, May 30, 2012.

1. bcj128

bcj128
    Expand Collapse

I have a new to me G30SF as an off-duty CCW weapon. I just had my local Glock rep go over it and I put all new springs in. I have to say I hate the new RSA's look. It just looks so cheap with the stamped metal base and riveted onto the rod.

I was considering buying a Glockmeister RSA (either blackened stainless or tungsten ) but was wondering the wisdom of using such a part on a gun that I may have to use in self defense. Also, how do they perform, are they as reliable as the Glock part? They do appear to be more substantial than the Glock part...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. GlocK_W0rK

GlocK_W0rK
    Expand Collapse

Can't speak on Glockmeister, but I do know that I put a LWD in my Gen 3 G17 and experienced my first malfunction. Put the OEM guide rod back in and it ran flawlessly again. I've also heard a lot of other shooter's experiences whose Glocks malfunctioned when running an aftermarket guide rod, and again, when they switched back to OEM, the problems ceased. For a carry piece, I would stay with the OEM guide rod.

3. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1
    Expand Collapse

You should know, before going down the silly road of making the pistol "better," that Glocks run even after the guide rod has broken. The guide rod is simply a spring guide for re assembling the firearm. It's not a part that affects the pistols ability to fire.

There is a video online where a G19 was shot till the rod melted and fell out the front, the pistol continued to fire fine.

#3 Foxtrotx1, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  4. SJ 40

SJ 40
    Expand Collapse

For my money it's hard to beat a factory RSA for all of eight bucks,that and your Glock will function,JMO. SJ 40

5. guns54

guns54
    Expand Collapse
    toni

Whats wrong with yours?

6. lyodbraun

lyodbraun
    Expand Collapse

I have the Glockmeister guide rod in my 30SF I got the all black one and have put around 800 to 900 rounds thru it with the rod and have had not one problem with it, I like it much better than the stock one if you stand a stock RSA next to the new Stainless one you can see the difference and also the stock one has a bend to it...

7. AWGD8

AWGD8
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Glocker29SF

I have the stainless one for my Glock 39. The stock spring was giving me a hard time disassembling the gun. Sometimes the metal part of the stock rod scratches the inside part of the frame and sometimes wedge in there and I could not be able to remove the slide. I had it and decided to get the glockmeister...

The best investment so far. If you are carrying, the tungsten will add more weight than the stainless one.

#7 AWGD8, May 30, 2012
  8. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

I bought 1 competition tungsten and 3 various SS RSAs for my G27.
    After some failures to fully go into battery I returned to a Glock OEM RSA
    and have never looked back.

I bet it ain't broke, so what are you trying to fix anyway? LOL!

#8 barth, May 30, 2012
  9. Bello

Bello
    Expand Collapse
    America/Italia

I'm not gonna lie when I say everyone's guide rods are garbage compared to bt guide rods! Google them!

10. Rancho_Nirvana

Rancho_Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    X 1911 Addict

I was considering the wolff RSA...

But after watching these sort of threads at GT closely of late, I believe I will just continue to run that part in a stock configuration for now...

It works.

11. lyodbraun

lyodbraun
    Expand Collapse

yes they are very nice for sure but kinda on the expensive side, I might have to try one out here soon do you have a BT Rod in your Glock ? and if so hows it working ??

12. whitey4311

whitey4311
    Expand Collapse

I use the wolff rod and springs. 11,500 rounds tested in competition and I trust it for CCW. this is or a 21sf

13. AK74play

AK74play
    Expand Collapse

I have Glockmeister stainless rods in 15 of my 18 Glocks, the other 3 have Wolf rods and springs. They are 100% and allow you to change spring weights in seconds for different loads. PLUS, you only buy them once because they cant break like the factory plastic peice can. AND I KNOW, I KNOW, even when it breaks the gun will still run UNTIL you take it apart then you wont be able to get it back togather and depending on where it breaks and how it breaks it could stop your pistol in it's tracks. I have seen this happen twice depending on where it breaks and where the parts go. This doesn't happen very often but for my peice of mind on the pistols I carry to possible protect my life or that of my wife and kids, I'll stick with the can't break option every time. :supergrin:

14. GlocK_W0rK

GlocK_W0rK
    Expand Collapse

Completely overpriced and unnecessary.

15. Bello

Bello
    Expand Collapse
    America/Italia

Yes in my competition 35 it's worth every penny compared to the other "garbage" I've seen the last few years!

16. Bello

Bello
    Expand Collapse
    America/Italia

I guess to the average joe! But run and gun it still is unbeatable

17. BuckyP

BuckyP
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

I run the Wolf in my G30 and G27. They have been flawless, and when you cycle the action it just feels smoother (no creaking like my stock G30 assembly).

:dunno:

18. unit1069

unit1069
    Expand Collapse

I didn't have any problems with the stock Glock G-32 guide rod but I installed a Wolff stainless steel rod and uncaptured Wolff 20# spring anyway.

The Wolff system has noticeably reduced muzzle flip, not just in my opinion but in the opinion of all the several people who've shot both systems side-by-side.

I had no malfunctions with the original Glock system and I've had no malfunctions with the Wolff system. The inside of the slide shows no wear at all or any signs of bad fit.

19. GlocK_W0rK

GlocK_W0rK
    Expand Collapse

OEM beats it.

20. Bello

Bello
    Expand Collapse
    America/Italia

Lol ok thanks kiddo!