close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glocking for the first time

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Avalon786, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Glockcoltman

Glockcoltman

Jun 8, 2014
    My glock 30 sf is the gun i trust my life with . My Colt combat elite is for when I want to show off at the range both have there purpose lol both have never had any failures of any kind just the colt is to pretty to put in a hoster and alittle to hevy for my tastes :rofl:just my worthless two cents :embarassed:

2. Andrew Phelps

Andrew Phelps

Apr 6, 2014
    Shooting your SD load through the gun is a great idea for testing the equipment. However, if you shoot thousands of rounds of 115gr ammo, i dont feel it is necessary to shoot some or any 124s to "get used" to them. The recoil of your real deal SD ammo will be greater but it's a non-issue imo.

3. Avalon786

Avalon786

May 29, 2014
    Seattle
    Just out of curiosity if you go shooting 4 times in a week, would you clean/lube your glock after each session? Say 100 rounds per session.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  4. Andrew Phelps

Andrew Phelps

Apr 6, 2014
    I personally wouldn't. I just get a feel for how many rounds it has/how dirty it is/when the next time i'm going to shoot it is. If i have 200 rounds through it and i plan to shoot 200 more in 4 days, i'm not cleaning it. If i have a big match coming up and it has more than 400 rounds through it, i clean it.

I have gone 1000 rounds plus with no cleaning because i didn't have any terribly important matches. I could feel the slide sluggishly returning to battery during the match so i lubed it to finish, and then cleaned it a few hundred rounds later.

5. Avalon786

Avalon786

May 29, 2014
    Seattle
    That makes sense, thanks!

How about if you go once a week shoot 75-150 rounds, clean & lube after each session or maybe clean once a month?