close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glocker Just Picked up an M&P 40c

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Aug 18, 2012.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I just went against my Glockdom Ways and happened along a sale on M&P's at one of my local stores today... I was just looking around at different stuff and there it was...

M&P 40c for $459.00 they had a closeout August Sale that ended today and were offering free 12mos. 0% as a customer appreciation to boot! Cool Beans!

Anyway it feels great in the hands! I'm still toying with the idea of using the S or M backstrap for shooting. I'll know which one suits me best once I get some rounds down the pipe!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Great gun. I have the 9C. Get the Apex kit for it.

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Congrats. I have the 9c and it's been great. I'm sure you'll enjoy your 40c.

4. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    Not gonna happen Dude!!!:tongueout:

But if it's a better shooter than my G27.... It could possibly take some its carry time...:supergrin:

5. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    Kansas
    Call me crazy but I actually do not prefer the Apex trigger over the OEM. To me it feels like the trigger break is too far back. I do like the RAM though. That's just me though. Many, if not most shooters will love the DCAEK.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  6. Chiplexic

Chiplexic

Dec 2, 2010
    I don't believe doing the M&P Apex kit is as critical for free staters as it is for us held hostage by Massachusetts.

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Congrats I have one that I like much better than the 27 I had. I like the P2000sk better than either, possibly because of more rounds through it.

It hasn't happened so far for me.

8. fastbolt

fastbolt

Jun 9, 2002
    CA Central Coast
    Congrats.

The overall ergonomics and felt recoil characteristics allow me to shoot more rounds during any particular range session than with my G27, using the same ammo.

Also, once I've developed a bit of "Magnum thumb" with my G27, I can switch to the 40c and get some additional range time before it occurs again with the 40c. One day I found that shooting 100 rounds through my G27 was very similar in effect (upon me) as shooting 300 rounds through my 40c. Interesting, I thought. (Not something that really matters except for extended range sessions, since I only carry 1-2 spare mags. ;) )

The smallest grip insert was actually too small for me, BTW (and I have medium hands, even though the glove makers seem to think I have large hands :) ).

I decided to keep both my G27 & 40c, though ... and I've reawakened my interest in my 4040PD. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  9. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy