close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock30 sf

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sureshot10, Feb 13, 2013.

1. sureshot10

sureshot10
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys I have a glock 30sf brand new. The full magazine is tough to push into the gun. Just wondering if it will loosen up over time.

2. sugarcreek

sugarcreek
    Expand Collapse
    familyman

Shut your mouth and keep it shut. Now PUFF out your cheeks hard. This is the kind of pressure situation I think exists cramming 10 .45acp fatties into that mag! I put those GAP floor plates on my mags and I get nervous they are gonna POP off. Yes mine is a bit tough too, but it seems to work. I don't know why, or if, to answer your question.

3. GRT45

GRT45
    Expand Collapse
    Transform & Win

The spring tension will loosen up over time with use the more times the mag is loaded and unloaded. It's quite common for new G30/G30SF mags (10-rnd and 9-rnd) to be a chore to load to capacity and load in the pistol. If you aren't comfortable slapping the loaded mag in hard, load the mag with the slide locked open for a time or download the mag by one round (9 total) until it loosens up.

After struggling with the first new, 9-rnd Glock mag I bought for my G30SF, I thoroughly researched what others had written about problems with mags and corrective actions to solve them. As new information became available, I recorded it all in one post over a period of several months. I settled on a maintenance and troubleshooting procedure that has worked well for me with all my CCW mags (9, 10, and 13 rnds). There could be something in the post that may help you. See this link: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18977793&postcount=2

#3 GRT45, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. BMiracletx

BMiracletx
    Expand Collapse

Yep... it will loosen up over time.

5. Mr KV

Mr KV
    Expand Collapse

You can also just push in the mag release as you insert it.