close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock30 and my crotchrocket.

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by FrEaK_aCcIdEnT, Mar 25, 2005.

1. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

i am new to the forum and i have had my chl for over a year now. i have been looking at guns for over 6 months and i have narrowed it down to the glock30. now i ride alot to work and back and i travel all over texas in my truck. my question is does anyone ride a crotch rocket and carry a glock30? i am looking for some feedback on how comfortable it is and what is the best carring method. IWB, i assume this means Inner Waist Band???, seems like my best option. i have been looking at this contraption.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22701&item=7143609549&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

the only problem i have is that man does it have to be that close to ur goods lol. j/k its not that big a deal...

i thinkk this is my best option cause my tech mesh riding jacket might show it in the back or possibly on the sides cause of the lean angles on my bike. thanx for the input in advance!!!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

That photo of the holster looks like a rip-off of the ThunderWear.

IWB means inside waist band. It doesn't mean next to the family jewel.

Enlighten me but which one is Glock 30? Compact, mini or regular? If it's compact or mini, you might be able to just store it in one of your riding jacket's pockets.

3. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

its not compact its about the same size as the glock19 (9mm) the glock30 is (.45) but overall just about the same size. i couldnt figure out what the real name of the holster was and thanx for letting me know so i can hunt it up and check it out. i agree this is probably a knockoff. and it depends of how u wear ur pants as to how close it is to the sacred jewels lol... there shouldnt be any problems though. thanx for the help!

4. hapuna

hapuna
    Expand Collapse
    Trusted Member

It would seem like some kind of shoulder rig might be a better choice if you want to keep it comfortable and concealed. That said I'm not a fan of shoulder rigs but I think in this case it may make sense.

5. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

i thought about that but it gets in the triple digits in the summer here and think that would be uncomfortable.

6. Kawi636

Kawi636
    Expand Collapse

The glock g30 is subcompact,it is nowhere near the same as a g19!The g21 is close in size with the g19.

7. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

glock 19

Number of safeties
    Length (slide)
    174 mm 6.85 in. 174 mm 6.85 in.
    Height 2)
    127 mm 5.00 in. 127 mm 5.00 in.
    Width
    30 mm 1.18 in. 30 mm 1.18 in.
    Length between sights 3)
    152 mm 5.98 in. 152 mm 5.98 in.
    Barrel length
    102 mm 4.02 in. 102 mm 4.02 in.
    Length of twist
    250 mm 9.84 in. 250 mm 9.84 in.

glock 30

Length (slide) 6.77 in. 172 mm

Height 4.76 in. 121 mm

Width 1.27 in 32.5 mm.

Length between sights 5.95 in. 151 mm

Barrel length 3.78 in. 96 mm

Barrel rifling
    right, octogonal

Length of twist
    15.75 in. 400 mm

the biggest difference i see is in the heightand barrel length. .24" not much. i got this offf of the glock website and ive handled them both and fired the 19 many times. they feel pretty much the same. just the 30 is about 2 oz. heavier and packs a better punch. ;)

8. Kawi636

Kawi636
    Expand Collapse

The point is,one is compact,and the other is subcompact,thats all I'm saying.I guess you could be right,i have a glock g30 and its a great gun I would recommend one.I ride a Kawasaki 636,but I don't carry my gun.

9. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

I wasnt trying to burn u. ;) just posting what i found. u have a glock 30. if u did carry what do u think would be the way to carry in ur opinion. i am very familiar with the 636. what do u think would be most comfortable? thanx!

10. Texas T

Texas T
    Expand Collapse
    TX expatriate
    CLM

IMHO the best way to carry on a bike is in the tank bag. IMHO the second best way to carry would be in a shoulder holster.

The only benefit to having it IWB would be that it would always be with you and you wouldn't have to worry about being separated from the gun.

Whether it is under a set of leathers or mesh or what-have-you, or whether it is in your tank bag it is probably going to take you an equal amount of time to get to the gun in a stress situation...
    Glove off, zipper opened, gun obtained, gun presented.

I don't know that it's made, but I would think a good niche product for a tank bag manufacturer would be a waterproof pocket on the side of the tank bag with an integral holster for retention.

Rip up the velcroed cover with the opposite hand, grasp the gun with the gun hand and present the weapon.

11. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

i wouldnt want to be seperated from it. cause if anything happens like someone gets ahold oof it and uses it ur still liable for making it accesible. i think i will stick withthe IWB. because i know i can get my glove off in half a second and i wear blue jeans so my jacket is mesh and it would be glove lift shirt and pull to present. tops about 4 seconds. i think thats my best bet. thanx for the input everyone. i should get it in a vouple of weeks. now i need to go order the holster off a website. ;)

12. OMEGA5

OMEGA5
    Expand Collapse

I've tried the thunderwear and found that sitting was painfull for Jr and his 2 brothers, especially on my bike.

13. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

what kinda bike?

14. OMEGA5

OMEGA5
    Expand Collapse

1600 Kawasaki, a cruiser. It'd be worse on a crotchrocket.

15. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

thank you for the input!! ill probably go ahead and buy the holster and try it to see if i have the same problem. if i do then ill figure out something. i may have to go to a under arm holster. i wonder about a ankle holster.... if it was on my right leg it would work... ill look into that as well.

16. OMEGA5

OMEGA5
    Expand Collapse

If you ever went down, ankles tend to take a beating. Don't know if I'd go with an ankle holster or not. I'd ride with a jacket, either a perforated leather or one of the mesh with padding and just carry it in the pocket. Either inside pocket or front zipper pocket. That's where I carry my m33 in my ICON Tarmac jacket. I also have a leather concealment vest from Galls that I use a lot. The vest is $79.99 but every now and then it'll be on sale for $59.99. When we ride two up, my wife carries her S&W m38 in a ballistic buttpack by DeSantis.

17. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker
    Expand Collapse
    6 of .44

I think in this case your best options are: shoulder holster, tank bag or jacket pocket. I ride an SV650S (see the sig-line) and in no way could I carry a pistol IWB in ANY postion while seated. Having the pistol tucked in anywhere between 11 and 1 o'clock would be downright painful! And I've bounced the boys off of the tank enough times to believe a weapon would only exacerbate the situation! ;P

As for the 21/30, the 30 IS a compact, not a sub-compact. A 26 is a subcompact, and the 30 dwarfs it. The 21 is just a big mutha, beating the full-size 17/22/31/37 with ease.

18. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT
    Expand Collapse

what u think about this ankle holster idea i have? i have looked at a few on the net and i found some for the 30.

19. Kawi636

Kawi636
    Expand Collapse

Subcompact is smaller than compact,and the g30 is subcompact.Im looking at the glock buyers guide that came with my glock 30,and it is a subcompact.Oh yeah and my 2003 Kawasaki 636 ninja has 14000 miles since august 15,2003;)

20. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker
    Expand Collapse
    6 of .44

Can you ride all year round down there? I've heard some guys call it quits in the middle of the summer from the heat and humidity. Wish we had the same problem up here! ;f Still have 3" of ice on the driveway between the shop and the road! :( (Actually, by day it turns into 2" of slushy watery goo.)

FWIW, my bike was a left-over, bought from the dealer 5 miles down the road. Other than a bad experience with his mechanic, I've had no complaints. Heck, he's got the best deal around when it comes time to mount new tires.

I think an ankle holster would be a bad idea on a bike. Judging from my dirtbike and mountain biking accidents, your ankles are going to get beat up, bad, and I can imagine having a block of steel on there just isn't going to help matters any.

Added: Any day above 45 degrees and not precipitating is a good day to ride! (40 is pushing it and below 40 I find I only ride out of desperation or just bad judgement! ;) )