Glock Warranty

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Special Reserve, Dec 3, 2012.

1. What is Glock's warranty? What does it cost the owner for replacement or fixing? What if it's a total loss? Please only respond if you have done this. Not what you might think or what you might have read on the internet. I'm just looking for the facts. Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Special Reserve, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock Warranty & Customer Service General Glocking Apr 29, 2015
    Glock Warranty Question General Glocking Mar 24, 2015
    Lnib glock 19 gen 4 with new trijicon hd ns (12 yr warranty, 3 15 rd mags, Firearms Listings Mar 7, 2015
    Glock ammunition warranty General Glocking Feb 24, 2015
    does glock warranty mags? General Glocking Nov 9, 2014

3. Glock has no explicit warranty, but they do stand behind their pistols. They will fix anything that you didn't do yourself, and yes, they have even provided replacement pistols.

Depending on how long you've owned your pistol and what the problem is, you may or may not be responsible for the cost to ship your pistol to Glock.

4. .....
    #4 Special Reserve, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  5. Bruce M

Maybe I am the only one - but I am curious as to what happened.
  6. You're going about his bass ackwards. There are way too many things that can go wrong for anyone to compile some master list like you're asking for. In the end, it is still a subjective call made by the warranty tech you're dealing with.

Man up and tell us what happened. Then, and only then, will you be able to get the answer you're REALLY looking for. At the moment, your evasiveness and the way you're asking your questions gives the impression that you've done something that won't be covered by warranty.
    #6 Raleigh Glocker, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  7. No Bruce I'm with you, I keep checking back to this thread Hoping to find out more about what happen to his Glock.
  8. I fired another round not realizing a Winchester white box squib had left a bullet lodged in my barrel.

Bulged the barrel.

Glock replaced the barrel, but charged me $125 for the new barrel. (My negligence).

OTOH Winchester reimbursed me for the cost of the barrel and the 2 boxes of ammo (mostly unfired) from the same lot that I had returned to them.
  9. If I've actually done what?

I had some problems with one of my Glocks, and called one of their rep’s. We discussed things on the phone. Then he came to my home and gave me a variety of free parts to try. He wanted to know all about USPSA and reloading, because he deals mostly with LE. Unfortunately time was limited, so I couldn’t take him out to the range that day.

He offered to expedite my gun to GA, but said I’d probably be better off diagnosing and fixing it myself – which I did. I sent him a write-up on my findings, which he was very thankful for.

Bear in mind though, this is just stuff you’re reading in the Internet.
  10. Carried 3 Glocks in for service. A first Gen. 17 along with non-dropfree mags.

They put all new parts in it and swapped out the old mags for new ones.

A 3rd. Gen 27 and they rebuilt it and also the mags I carried with it.

A 2nd. Gen. 23 and they said it had a bad frame which would be replaced but it would take 2 weeks to get it.
    They did rebuild the mags I took along with it and 2 weeks to the day, A Fed-X truck delivered my 23 to my home and now I have a Gen. 2/3 with mis-matched numbers.

11. Those mags could have been worth a small fortune!
  12. Thanks to all who posted.
    #12 Special Reserve, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  13. Did you shoot reloads through it?
  14. I have found that Glocks CS generosity only works on newer guns like the gen4's if you get the right person, they might send you a part every once in while, but something like a frame replacement, you are out of luck unless its one of the E series guns that had a habit of losing frame rails.

They though will usually do a full service on a Glock when they get it in for inspection, ususaly free of charge. Of course it up to you to get it to them which can cost $50 of more to ship. it not their fault for the high price, but the shipping companies and thier rules.THe other option would be for and FFL to ship it which will bring the price down quite a bit, but not sure what they would charge other than shipping cost.

From my years of reading the tea leaves, your experience is close to SOP for a frame replacement.
  15. For anyone who doesn't know.
    A dealer can mail USPS for much cheaper costs.
    A LEO can do the same if you know one.

This for handguns.

You can mail a long gun yourself to a dealer or mgf.
    #15 ken grant, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  16. One day I'd had it with the FTRTB problems with a generation 3 G30SF. I tossed gun only in a box and mailed it to Glock with a letter requesting a new G30 since I considered the G30SF a POS. UPS dropped off a NIB G30 10 days later. Hard to beat that for customer service.
    #16 oldsoldier, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012