close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock vs M&P vs XDm

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by roknjs, Feb 12, 2012.

1. roknjs

roknjs

Feb 25, 2007
    I currently own Glocks and M&P's. I want to go to one brand so I can have some interchangeability with my mags. I know what I like about what I have. To those that have a XDm, why should I give that platform a shot?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. You shouldn't

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Here are some vids:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mtZbusAo_c"]Glock vs. M&P vs. XD - Which is the best? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRrppHnxks"]Glock vs M&P vs XD Triggers - YouTube[/ame]

4. Teej

Teej

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't know, I kinda like my XD40 having the grip safety.

[i also own a g19 & g17]

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I prefer both the M&P and XDm over Glock.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :dunno:

I'll take my XDm over my Glocks any day.

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

Feb 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Kind of like the story of Goldilocks-you have to find the one that is "just right" for you- for me it was the M&P series.

8. oldmarine6869

oldmarine6869

Jan 13, 2010
    I prefer "Glock" over both.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  9. xmanhockey7

xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Michigan
  10. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    You should forget them all and go for a Beretta PX4 Storm.:tongueout:

:supergrin:

11. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    Or one of these.

12. Haven't tried the xdm, but back when I had my xd I found that switching back and forth between the xd and glock my match scores dropped with both.

I had a lot more invested in glocks with mags, holsters, ect... So I sold off the xd.

I say just pick one and stick with it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    I have an XDM 9mm compact. If there is someone concerned about safety, it's the safest of the three. The grip safety doesn't require a different hold. However the grip angle is different from a Glock. The cocked chamber indicator is helpful.

I like the XDm because of capacity: 19+1.

Accuracy is the same.
    Reliability is the same.
    Ease of field stripping goes to my Glocks, because you have to manipulate the grip safety to move the slide back

However, I still prefer my Glocks.

Lifetime NRA Member

14. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    If I went with one brand of gun it would be a CZ.

15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I own Glock's, M&P's and XD/XDm's. I like them all. :cool:

16. J_P

J_P

Jun 25, 2010
    Texas
    I love my m&p45 a lot its an awesome shooter and recoil is great for a .45. On the other hand I do have to say I love my glock 19 more and a big plus for me is being able to completely break the gun down with only using the glock tool. Both are great guns, I cant say much for the XDm I've never shot one.

17. KarlThomas

KarlThomas

Nov 29, 2010
    Kentucky
    I really only like glocks in 9mm, the 26 in particular is the only one I now own after owning 5 glocks. It's the one glock that stole the show for me.

XDms are good shooting guns, but I prefer the M&P, mainly because I like the way it feels in my hand a little better. XDms do have a much sweeter trigger though, at least out of the box.

18. Teej

Teej

Oct 16, 2008
    OP, I think you are seeing, as with every other GT thread asking for opinions between guns, that the answers you are receiving are just that, "opinions".

Although very useful as a guide it still comes down to your preference.

Case in point example. I have married friends that have been and still are competitive handgun shooters. They both competed with Glocks for years and were state ranked champions.

Currently the husband is competing with an XD and his wife is using an M&P and both are still state ranked champs. The reasons they switched had to do with the grip angle and the feel in their hands. [ Glock was a tad late coming out with changeable backstraps ]

19. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, if you can go to a range and rent an XD go ahead. You may like it, you may not. I went back and forth between glocks and xds for awhile. I finally settled on glocks and havent regretted it one bit. Glocks, XDs, and M&Ps are all great guns and you just have to pick the one that works best for you.