glock trigger pull

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by pattym, May 9, 2013.

1. I have several Glock 45 acp pistols. Recently some of them seem to be harder to press the trigger, some time, not all the time, when I am shooting them. I do not think that this is my imagination. I have been shooting them for several years. Could some one please give me advice? Maybe I should detail strip and clean the pistols?
    Thanks, pattym

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock Parts for Sale ( Two smooth face triggers, G19 Gen 4 Mag, New) Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 7, 2015
    Glock 21 gen 4 trigger shoe replacement General Glocking Jul 1, 2015
    Glock 30s Trigger General Glocking Jun 21, 2015
    Glock trigger Zev/LW Gun Parts & Accessories Jun 17, 2015
    Animation of Glock firing pin safety and trigger bar General Glocking Jun 15, 2015

3. read the manual about where to put the 6 drops of oil

4. lethal tupperwa
    Thank you, but I checked my manual, the pistols have been lubed correctly. I have been using either clp or rem oil. I am thinking I should detail strip and clean my pistols. Do you have any other Ideas?
    Thanks pattym

5. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Detail strip and clean, then maybe a heavier lube that clings to part better? That's all I can think of.

6. I usually keep a dab of copper anti-sieze in between the connector and trigger bar. I saw Glock did that on a gun my father bought, so I did it on a few of mine and was surprised that is actually pulled a measurable amount of pull weight out of the trigger. I imagine if that area is dry and unpolished, friction could cause a heavier and inconsistant trigger pull.

7. the connector/ bar calls for drop of oil

8. I prefer a little dab of gun grease on my carry Glock.
    Doesn't dry out or drip away.

9. lethal tupperwa, Thanks for the info, I put a drop of oil on the connector/bar. The gun works fine. I do believe, I will detail strip and clean the gun. I bought it used and don't know when it was cleaned last. I never detailed striped and cleaned the frame. I have, done so with the slide.
    Thanks pattym

10. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Check the striker safety plunger surface for irregularities. That plunger can actually rotate during use, and any wear/crud/whatever can affect the feel.of the trigger as the trigger bar projection rubs against it during firing. The changing feel can be caused as the surface rotates around.

11. If you think you can do it, I agree with you that you should detail strip and clean. If you remove the connector push it out from the other side with a punch, or even another connector. I have found that correctly adjusting the connector has greatly helped some guns. If you get lost in the process, there are a lot of video's on YouTube that will guide you through the process.