Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glock Tactical Light vs Streamlight TLR-1 vs Surefire X300

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by trdtacoma, Jun 4, 2010.

1. trdtacoma

Jun 2, 2010
    I saw the post about the Streamlight and the Surefire, but I could not find anything on the Glock made Tactical light.

Any input on it vs the other two?

2. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    The Glock tactical light, while not junk, is not in the same league as the Streamlight TLR-1 C4, Insight WX150, or SureFire X300...

If the Glock Light, as it is, retailed for $49,95, it would be a good value.

3. High Altitude

High Altitude

Nov 19, 2005
    It is an older design that works but there are better designs out there. I use one on a 19 for HD and it will get the job done.

Basically comes down to price vs value vs performance etc....

You use to be able to purchase law enforcement trade ins pretty frequently really cheap (where I got mine) but I haven't seen any lately.
  4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    If you can handle the bump in price, you'll want an LED-based illuminator, as LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are about 40% efficient at turning electricity into light (vs. a light bulb's, maybe 7% efficiency), so they produce more light with less power, greatly extending battery life and run times. And LEDs are nearly impervious to shock, so they're well suited for use as weapon-mounted illuminators.

Plus, the SureFire X300, Insight WX150, and Streamlight TLR-1 C4 are of more rugged construction, for serious duty applications. The SureFire and Insight are hardened for battlefield use.

Most all of us have a budget and priorities throughout our lives, and those priorities are subject to change through the years. I'd certainly accept a Glock Tactical Light for my bedside gun, if that's what practical matters at hand decided. Like I said, it isn't junk--it's just outdated.

5. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  6. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    The Glock light sucks! Go with the TRL-1
  7. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    My Glock light has a tendancy to have the light unscrew and fall out while shooting after a bit.
  8. DrunkenParrot

DrunkenParrot THE RESISTANCE

Listen to RayB he knows his stuff!!!! Great advice.
  9. TSAX

Jun 5, 2010

Your right and there are always newer better products coming out, every year its the latest and greatest that people want