close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock "subs" magazine extension comparison photos

Discussion in 'The Sub Club' started by SAUERGLOCKS, May 19, 2006.

1. swampfox

swampfox

Apr 19, 2003
    S.C.
    New G26 this week,thats the info I have been looking for thanks.

2. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
    The GAP Floorplates are gonna be hard to beat..
    I can't believe I waited so long to get a G26 & then the GAP Floorplates..
    I have a few Scherer +1s that need to be melted down into a figurine..

MY GLOCK 26
    [​IMG]

3. jcsd2407

jcsd2407

Mar 19, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    I took my G27 to the range today and shot two qualifying rounds. The first round another deputy let me use his three mags with extensions. My ring finger learned very quickly that the small gap between the mag well and the extension can and will pinch you. I shot in the 80s that round. The second round I used two of my G22 mags and one of my G27 mags. No pinching and I shot a respectable 92. I think I will buy more G22 mags and get the mag covers instead, and use the one flush mag when I ankle carry the G27 as my BUG.

4. [​IMG]

Pearce PG-39. They say +3. I've tried. It's +2. It will make your 26 into 13 though, (12+1).

5. Blitzen

Blitzen

Nov 1, 2006
    Colorado
    I have and carry a G 26. Has Crimson Trace Laser, stippiling in all the right spots for me. I have a stock 10 round, another 10 round with the Pearce +3 extension-XL and a 15 round G 19 mag. I will put the Pearce extension and a filler piece on the G 19 mag soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Glock 21

Aug 12, 2000
    Arizona
    I have 2 PG-39's for my G26, and both absolutely bottom-out at 11rds. I couldn't get a 12th round in there with a blow torch and a tire iron. Luckily I didn't buy them for the capacity, I wanted the extension. In that regard, I really like them.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  7. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    I've got the Pearce +1 on two of my mags and the GAP plates on the other two. The GAP plates are the best!

8. xracer390

xracer390

Jun 10, 2010
    I bought a couple Pierce ext for my 26 and they pinched like mad. My Scherer +0? ext fits me like a glove.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  9. Steve in Az

Steve in Az Glock 21

Aug 12, 2000
    Arizona
    The Pearce ext ended up biting the crap out of me too, I replaced them with Glock OEM extensions.

10. Weird. Mine definately hold 12. :dunno:

11. Try Bud's he's got most all of them at the best prices I have found. I just picked up a half a dozen at $6.01 each, plus 5 bucks shipping for all.

12. SAUERGLOCKS

SAUERGLOCKS BAD SPELLER!!

Nov 5, 2004
    Hollywood Hills,FL
    Glad to see my post still up after all this time.

13. It is a great post. Wonder if there is a +1 for the 27 that extends both the front and back of the grip.

I've got a finger extension on one of my 26 mags, but because it does nothing for the back heel of the grip, it is awkward so I just stick with a plain mag and curling my pinky under.

14. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    I've never seen one, and I think the reason why might be that for just a few more fractions of an inch added to the overall length, you could use a 13-shot G23 mag with a spacer sleeve.

As said above, it's still up because it's a great post, that has stood the test of time. Thanks for posting it!

15. tuica

tuica

Apr 28, 2009
    Portland,Oregon
    Great reference post! Comparison pics are the best. I have used the GAP on my G39 since I've owned it. Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  16. PattonT

PattonT

May 22, 2010
    South East
    So what is everyone's favorite? I'm sure the Gap floor plate probably is. I have tried a lot of different ones and have found the factory Glock to be the most pinchamatic. The PG-26 (the smooth one) is almost too small and looks like it doesn't belong. The PG-GP actually is for other models but really fits a sub-compact great. No pinching and really feels wonderful. The PG 2733 feels great but I am not comfortable that pressure won't pop it off. I know they feed reliable and the factory spring is plenty long enough but I feel they could easily pop off. I prefer they not add capacity, I hope to find a PG-26xl to try someday.