close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock Sport Combat Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sioux565, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PattonT

PattonT

May 22, 2010
    South East
    The XD is too tall for both of them.

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Bummer.....it works fine for the Ruger Vaquero.....
    [​IMG]

AND.....it's ambidextrous!
    [​IMG]

:supergrin:

:whistling:

:stooges:

3. PattonT

PattonT

May 22, 2010
    South East
    It may or may not fall out. It still has some retention but not as much.

4. jayhuh

jayhuh

Nov 30, 2005
    The OC in So CA
    I hardly ever carry my Gen4 21 off duty, but when I do in the cooler months, I carry it a Sport holster. Holds tight to the body and hides well under a sweatshirt. Kind of hard to beat the price.

5. EMTRN

EMTRN

Oct 21, 2008
    Tennessee
    Great holster. I use it more than some holsters that cost me a lot more.

6. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    Great holsters. You need to use th size for your gun though. Proper draw stroke negates any need to use one for a larger gun.

7. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I am old fashioned - I still carry my G17 in a Bianchi 4/4L owb holster.

8. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Sometimes simple solutions are effective solutions. This is true for the Glock sport-combat holster. Simple. Inexpensive. Effective. It works great. For the money, I can see no reason to not have one.

It rides high and tight with strong retention. It is not my only holster, but one that I use quite often when outdoors.

It does not have the quickest draw, but I have used one a bunch in IDPA matches.

9. dusty_dragon

dusty_dragon

Dec 11, 2007
    @ryobi:
    i use several glock OEM 9mm sport/combat holsters for my 9mm glocks, no prob at all.
    just wanted to get a split second of time faster with the larger holster for the smaller caliber gun. was just an idea ;-)

10. mmelugin48

mmelugin48

Jan 1, 2012
    Like lots of folks I have a box full of holsters I never use and looking at the price of the Sport Combat holster I found it hard to believe it would not join that box.

After wearing it a few days with my G29 I was won over. It is my go to holster with that gun. I've also worn my belt outside the holster and frankly can't tell much difference in how it hugs my torso. Definitely most value for the dollar holster I own...:embarassed:

11. dusty_dragon

dusty_dragon

Dec 11, 2007
    exactly,
    i have this holsters for lots of years now and at th beginnin i couldn't believe the holster and magpouches being any good for that low price, but i was corrected each and every time is use them.
    they are great and cheap, i run several different setups, cause for that price i'm not going to do all the change-work on different belts etc., i just got plenty of their holsters and pouches on different belt setups.

there are other great holsters on the market too, of course, but for that price these holsters and pouches are unbeatable.

12. MAXG

MAXG

Apr 22, 2012
    NC

Me too.