close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock Sport/Combat holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by outwest, Dec 3, 2011.

1. outwest

outwest

Aug 27, 2009
    Colorado
    Is the Glock Sport/Combat holster really ambidextrous? Any lefties here use it? Happy with it?

Thanks

2. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I'm not left-handed but the holster is ambidextrous. It's a very basic, simple design and cost effective. It works.

3. garebel

garebel

Mar 19, 2005
    Metro Atlanta
    Yep. It is indeed. I'm a lefty and I love mine.
    It holds the weapon nice and tight against my side and the retention is good as well.

4. rcbif

rcbif Lock "N" Load!

Dec 6, 2010
    NE OH
    Yep, fully ambi. It holds tight against your side because it is molded symmetrically, so the belt loop flaps (not sure what to call) things bend in when you tighten your belt. Retention was too tight on mine when new, but wd40 sprayed on inside and wiped off makes it slick with a nice "click" retention.

5. rcbif

rcbif Lock "N" Load!

Dec 6, 2010
    NE OH
  6. bdcremer

bdcremer The No SpinZone

Apr 8, 2005
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    I'm a lefty and works well. It may not be the latest kydex vtac alpha atomic raven doony& burke modular light bearing magnesium hardwear weapon retention system that all the operators use, but it is actually a good holster that works. Light weight and holds the pistol close to the body.

7. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    Yep....nice holster, especially for the price.

:wavey:

red

8. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    It is ambitious. Worth having for an effective holster that you don't care about abusing. Good retention. Snugs tightly to my side. Proper gun angle (little cutout thingies allow for some adjustment). I use it as an option for owb concealment in the winter.

The only gripe is that my mag release on the G20 doesn't clear very well. It gets hung up a bit. A little work with a utility knife fixes that.

9. Leigh

Leigh

May 22, 2000
    Eastern Kentucky
    It comes from the factory completwely FLAT so yes, 100% ambi...with use it will finally take a LH/RH shape....for the $$$ it is superior to anything Fobus ever made.
    I used one for many years 9mainly range) with zero issues whatsoever.

10. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    nice holster to just leave in the car for that just in case moment