close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock Sport/Combat Holster GLO17043

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Deadeye, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Deadeye

Deadeye Millennium Member

May 8, 1999
    WI
    Does anyone know for sure if a G36 will fit the above holster normally used for 9mm & .40 SW?
    I like everyone that CCW's has a box of holsters, and some times the situation may call for a different application.
    I have a couple of poly holsters for G17/19 that the G36 will snap in tight, and work fine.
    I want this GLO17043 because it fits so close to the body making easy concealment just under a loose fitting shirt.

I already use their magazine holder and like it fine.

Deadeye

2. cpt_54

cpt_54

Jun 21, 2008
    G36 has a slimmer slide but not by much. some people use the 45acp/10mm one with 9mm/40cal for easier draw, so you should be good.

G36 vs 9mm/ 40cal
    WIDTH
    1.13 in. vs 1.18 in.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009

3. Deadeye

May 8, 1999
    WI
    Thank you for the input. I've had my G36 since just after they were introdused. The 5/1000th on the slide doesn't bother me much, it's the way the slimmer receiver because of the single stack. I wish I could see one in person and try it (for feel) without ordering one online

4. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Jul 9, 2000
    Snohomish, WA. USA
    Yes, the Glock Sport/Combat holster made for the 9mm guns will fit the Glock 36.

I used a 9mm sport/combat holster for my G36 when I had it and it fits as well as a G19 which is almost the same size.
    I am not a fan of putting the 9mm framed guns in the sport/combat holster made for the G21 as it seems to loose for me and does not have good enough retention. It may be easier to draw a small gun from a bigger holster but when I am carrying concealed retention is more important than an extra 1/2 second or less time on the draw.

just my .02 cents worth

5. RAH

RAH Keep The Change Millennium Member

Feb 12, 1999
    The 9/40 Glocks do fit loose on the G20/21 holster until you've got it cinched on a belt. When worn on a belt the G20/21 fits just right.

6. ragu1macrider

ragu1macrider Deceased

Aug 12, 2008
    SW Pennsylvania
    I'm thinking of getting the 9/40 for my 36 and giving it a try. I don't think there is a better all around holster than the Glock S/C holster.

7. cpt_54

cpt_54

Jun 21, 2008
    +1 absolutely. it gets the weapon close to your body. The only thing I noticed, but doesnt bother me at all, is the wear marks on my slide. Above the model lettering on the slide, its scratched. approx 1.5'' across. The other day I notice a bit of rust in this scratches (Its crazy humid where I am!!!). Got it off with hoppes 9. I'm taking more care than before. every 2days or so in giving her a little coat of oil.
    I carry at 5 o'clock, IMO the reason why the marks are there

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  8. pens-66

pens-66

Nov 3, 2006
    Austintown,OH.
    The G36 fits perfect in the Glock Sport Combat holster madde for the 9/40 Glocks. The retention in the holster is mainly in the trigger guard area. This is one of the only OWB holsters I will use. I also have a holster for the larger Glocks and there is way too much slop!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Deadeye

May 8, 1999
    WI
    Thanks pens-66, seeing is believing. I called the Glock Tec. Department this morning and they said it would not fit/work. However they are sending me some update pages for my Armorer's Manual so I can be current again.
    I'm going over to Lone Wolf and placing an order now to get fast delivery.

10. pens-66

pens-66

Nov 3, 2006
    Austintown,OH.
    I can tell you from personal experience that it works perfectly. You can not tell the difference in fit from the G19 to the G36 in this holster. You wont be disappointed:wavey:

11. philbun

philbun Hawghead

Nov 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Where can u buy those holsters at? Thanks

12. pens-66

pens-66

Nov 3, 2006
    Austintown,OH.
    OMB police supply, Gander Mountain,Glockmeister are a few

13. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    My Fobus paddle holster scratches the right side of the slide in a similar way. Annoying. No rust, it's simply cosmetic. My MTAC hasn't put any scratches on the slide but the leather side will eventually create holster wear. I'd rather have that though than outright scratches.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  14. zulu45

zulu45

Apr 1, 2008
    Western Kentucky
    That's actually the OWB holster I'm using right now for my OD G36, and I'm loving it. Retention is very good, but it doesn't drag or feel mushy like when I had a G19 in it. And for an OWB, I have yet to see any OWB that holds it this close to the body.

Best of all, should something happen to it, it's cheap and easy to replace.

The only thing I would change on it would be how the belt loops work. They have spacers that you can cut out to tailor this to a specific size of belt, but once cut, there's no undoing it. But as cheap as the holster is, I can look past that. I only use one size belt, anyway.

15. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Glock combat holster is the only OWB holster that I use!

16. 4GLOCKER

4GLOCKER

Feb 9, 2009
    S W Virginia
    My favorite holster, it fits close & tight and is very thin.

Left hand right hand, belt behind holster or in front, all in one holster.

17. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    +1, and the best price for a holster.

18. dieseldoc

dieseldoc

Jan 28, 2010
    Pa
    Pen's.... what belt and width are you using in the above pictures with the 17043 holster?

19. streakpi

streakpi Meat on a Steek

May 15, 2009
    Illinois
    Which magazine holder did you get - neither models say they fit the freakish G36 mag? MP17076 or MP03080.