Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Glock slide finish concerns

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by stihlhard, Apr 27, 2011.

1. stihlhard

Apr 14, 2011
    I have two different Glock models, both of which I've got in the last six months, and each of them has that dull matt finish. I'm concerned that they will not wear very well at all and am thinking about calling Glock to see if they will refinish them for me. I know other people w/ the same models that have a slick shinny finish that, not only looks better but also seems to be more durable. Any suggestions on this?
  2. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Jan 15, 2011
    I don't think it will happen it seems Glock changed there finish style. I have a Gen 4 with the older black style finish and a buddy has a Gen 3 with the Gray ash finish your talking about. It will wear a lot quicker he has had his gun about a month maybe 2 and has holstered un holstered it about 50 times and it has wear marks on it that are extremely noticeable. I think the only thing you can really do is send it off to a different company to have them refinish the slide. It does not affect the preformance of the gun at all.

3. stihlhard

Apr 14, 2011
    Yea, I know it won't affect their performance its just that i know how well I take care of them and how much I use them - with another six months age on them I'm afraid their both gonna look terrible. Important NO, but it does bother me!
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

May 13, 2007
    Arizona Oven
    Send 'em to CCR for nickel plating.