close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock Sight Tool

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by tacmc6, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tacmc6

tacmc6

Nov 13, 2008
    Indiana
    What is a reliable sight tool for installing Tru Glo TFO sights on a Glock---I am also checking with JR for his valued opinion---but interested to see what others are having luck with--THANKS.

2. tooomey

tooomey

Jul 25, 2011
    Just Bought the glock rear sight tool from Burnells for $122.00 and it crushed my new poly sight putting it on! It may work fine on metal sights... But im sending back... Any front 3/16 sight tool will work fine.

3. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    The newest version of the original Glock manufacturer's tool is the best in my opinion. I have not had good results with the MGW aftermarket tool.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  4. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1359248&
    Post #3

Beware of some things you read on GATE.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  5. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Dec 30, 2008
    Baldwin Co, Alabama
    I agree.

6. twpayne75

twpayne75

Oct 30, 2008
    I put my TFOs on my G17 with a hammer and brass punch. Did not leave a mark on the sights.

7. sciolist

sciolist

Nov 11, 2009
    PNW
  8. JimD303

JimD303

Nov 11, 2006
    PA
    The current production Glock rear sight tool is a turd. It broke on me the first time I went to use it. The bar snapped, then it tore itself apart.

The original big cast ones were GREAT with the big butterfly handles...but the current ones are worthless.

The MGW is the best available substitute if you can't find an old Glock one.