Glock Sight Question

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Kentucky Shooter, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I have a new Glock 21 Gen 4 that I am enjoying, but it shoots a little high for my taste. I like a point of aim hold rather than a six o clock hold.

I am considering getting the next lowest factory rear sight or possibly the factory adjustable sight.

Does anyone have any advice either way? What does a gunsmith normally charge to swap out these sights?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Glock 34 or 34 MOS and sights question General Glocking Yesterday at 4:30 PM
    Who makes tritium sights that can Co-Witness on the Glock Model 40 MOS? General Glocking Sunday at 12:07 AM
    WTS: Ameriglo Hackathorn Sights for Glock 17,19,22,23,26,27,33,34,35,37,38&39 Gun Parts & Accessories Oct 1, 2015
    WTS: Glock 42/43 Truglo TFX sights Gun Parts & Accessories Oct 1, 2015
    Which Night sights for the Glock 43? GATE Self-Defense Forum Sep 28, 2015

3. Have you let anyone else shoot it? I say this because with our G21 my Wife was in the dirt and I was over the top of the target. My Buddy was dead-on with it even with some Brass to Head.
    Good luck and stay safe,

4. Kentucky Shooter

No, i am the only one who has shot it. My 19 and 26 both shot right on the money out of the box at 10-15 yard distance. This is my first glock that seems to need an adjustment.
    #3 Kentucky Shooter, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  5. Before you change it out have an experienced Glock shooter pull the trigger on the thing. IF the Glock platform is new to you, it just could be a grip adjustment is needed or something else simple. If you are shooting good groups that is another thing all together. My first set of Ameriglo sites shot too high but Ameriglo took good (No make that "They took GREAT) care of me and provided me what I needed.

Many install a taller front post. Front sights are much easier to do youself without a press. I own my own press and can't remember what people charge to do the sights since it was a long time ago when I paid someone else to do them.
  6. Kentucky Shooter

Thanks for the replies. I realize this could be operator error, but I am not new to Glock pistols. As I said above, I have a 19 and 26 and do not have this issue with them. I just need to bring the 21's bullet placement down some. I can do this with a six o clock hold, but that is not my style of aim. I want it to shoot to point of aim like my other glocks.
  7. elde

Lifetime Member

Dawson Precision has a steel adjustable rear sight and Meprolight has adjustable night sight sets for Glocks.
  8. That's funny, as I shoot 21&30 to POA, but start off low on 19.

Message sent from Texas!
  9. Kentucky Shooter

Update- called Glock customer service last Monday morning and requested they send me a new 6.1 rear sight, two notches lower than the 6.5 that was on the gun originally.

I received the new sight on Friday, and installed it myself. A wooden dowel and hammer and it came out and new one installed without a scratch or a problem. Took it to the range today and it is right on the money- i'm one happy glock 21 owner.
  10. flw

.my error
    #9 flw, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012