Glock shipped w/SS slide & barrel?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 69HEMI-R/T, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I had someone that was selling his Glock 32 tell me that he bought it with a SS slide & barrel new-in-the-box about a month ago from a dealer. I've never seen one shipped with SS components.
    Could it possibly have the nickel-boron coating (NIB-X) on it instead and were these shipped with a coated barrel too. Could it actually have come from Glock with SS parts as I just have never seen one that way.
    I do not know.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Lone wolf barrel for glock 30 - $65 shipped Gun Parts & Accessories Monday at 5:11 PM
    WTS 10 Glock 36 .45ACP 6rd Mags $18ea Shipped Gun Parts & Accessories Aug 21, 2015
    SOLD 2 Barely used Gen 4 Glock 19 mags with X-grip adaptors for use in G26 $50 Shipped Ann Arbor, MI Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 27, 2015
    FS: *SOLD* 4 Glock 19 15 round Mags and 2 Glock OEM 33 round Mags $130 shipped Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 24, 2015
    WTS: Glock 19/23/32 Mag Carrier $20 shipped New Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 5, 2015

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

It's not from the factory. Not the Glock factory.

4. Never heard of a Nib-X Talo G32. There were G19 and G23 versions though. That said those Talo versions were not Nib-X coated at Glock. Nothing you are describing sounds like it came from Glock that way.

#3 dkf, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

If you come across a Glock pistol with a custom finish on the slide, either NiB or SS or any other variant that isn't standard factory black, it did not leave the Glock, Inc. factory with that finish. A seller/dealer who claims they come that way from the Glock, Inc factory are misinformed (or dishonest). Below are the facts quoting a Glock District Manager:

"We do not apply those finishes at our factory, annually we have an agreement for a limited number of new guns that are sold from the factory to a company with the knowledge they will have this finish applied and then they are sold as special packages at certain large distributor shows. We support the application, however we do not apply them if that makes sense. They are new guns with the full warranty, just not applied by Glock."

John Keeping
    District Manager, Glock Inc.
    Texas & Oklahoma

#4 GRT45, Feb 16, 2013
  6. Thanks, I did not believe his pistol came from the factory that way, even if he said he bought it about a month ago at his LGS. He wouldn't show me the box and it was a Gen 3 frame. Yep, I know they still produce new Gen 3's and did not buy his story that he bought it NIB with a SS slide and barrel.
    Incidently, the slide and barrel had " USA " on the slide and USA markings on the barrel and was definitely a Glock slide. Not sure about the barrel but it looked like a Glock part.

7. When I bought my new G19, the LGS showed me what is best described as a "two-tone" Glock...the slide was a lighter-colored steel (sorry...not a metallurgist)...not shiny (like chrome), not satiny (like SS). Not sure what it was, but IIRC, he was telling me it was new-from-factory.

As nice as it looked, I wanted -- as a first-time buyer -- an authentic "pure" (i.e., black and ugly-but-beautiful) Glock, so I passed.

Was that a hoax? Or does Glock make a two-tone pistol?

8. the one I was referring to had the usual and customary black receiver...the "unconventional" color was on the slide...

9. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

See Post #4 above. It did not leave the Glock, Inc. factory with that finish on the slide. Your LGS is misinformed about who applies the finish.

10. They are the EXO models. They are shipped from Glock to Talon (I think that's the name), and then shipped to distributors who sell them to the dealers along with all the other Glocks.
    It is an unofficial official finish.

I have a G27 EXO. The barrel is also done. I love the looks of it, and the finish does not hold dirt at all. After shooting, everything just wipes right off.

Mine was less than $50 more than a standard G27, so it's all good.

11. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Talo, I believe, as mentioned by dkf.

#11 bentbiker, Feb 16, 2013
  12. More likely I mis-remember what he said...I was so excited to find a new G19 G3 (Made in USA, too!) that my brain (at least the hearing part) probably failed open...:embarassed:

#13 Shiloh228, Feb 16, 2013