close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock serial number--date of manufacture?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bushytail man, Mar 20, 2013.

1. bushytail man

bushytail man

Jul 17, 2010
    I am waiting to pick up my G-21 (gen 4). How can I tell the date of manufacture?

2. Monte4283

Monte4283

Apr 24, 2010
    Michigan
    If its NIB it will have the little envelope with the test fire casing, and the the test fire date on envelope. Most people use that as the manufacture date. If its used you can go by the serial # and this link below of serial #s and find the the manufacture month and year.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445829

3. intenseneal

intenseneal

Jan 10, 2013
    ^^^ this, if not NIB call Glock with the SN and they will tell you everything you want to know.

4. bushytail man

bushytail man

Jul 17, 2010
    I looked at it today, but may have overlooked the envelope with the fired shell. It is new (Gen 4). It was purchased out of state ( I was on the gunshop.s waiting list) and they shipped to my ffl.

The serial number starts with the letter U, that is not listed on the above site.

5. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

May 24, 2012
    Tampa,Florida
    I saw a serial # URY prefix in another post and it was 3/13 test fire date according to the owner

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. ColoradoGlock5280

ColoradoGlock5280

Jun 27, 2013
    I have a Glock 19 with a serial number beginning in CAC. I can't find any info on this number for the Glock 19. I called Glock and they didn't have the serial number in their database. Can anybody assist?

7. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Sep 28, 2006
    Detroit
    Glock is no longer supplying these. My latest new Gen 4 19 didn't have it.

8. 9L0ck

9L0ck

Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    New glocks no longer come with the test fire case and envelope

9. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

I also have a new G19. First three letters are XXF. I'm a firearms verifier on behalf of the RCMP. I'll check with the system here an see if I can find it without contacting Glock.

ColoradoGlock5280 likes this.
  10. TRD

TRD

Oct 3, 2008
  11. nateo200

nateo200

Feb 10, 2015
    Upstate NY, PRNY
    Mind if I high jack this thread? I purchased a Glock 26 Gen4 in OD, well I put money down on it, still have to wait for tax refunds and clear some other stuff before I buy in full but its registered on my NYS Pistol Permit (Giant hassle) so its not going anywhere suddenly :D Its first 4 letters are BAYB followed by three more numbers (if you want the full SN# just PM me, Jury is still out on whether you should post serial numbers). I looked on one website and got no results on its birthdate and another said April but listed it as 19A7 which can't be possible. Anyone have any ideas? And how common on the OD, FDE, and Grey frame factory Glock's? They don't seam too rare but they also don't seam too often. I had such a soft spot for that little baby Glock with its cute serial number I had to have it!

EDIT: I should note I also checked the GT thread on here and found nada...

12. 1Straightshooter

1Straightshooter

May 20, 2013
    As mentioned above, just picked up a nib 17 gen 3, no test fire envelope with casings. Born in USA.

SS

13. refugeepj

refugeepj

Jan 31, 2015
    northern Indiana
    bought a G19 about a month ago, used the contact e-mail from their website to make this inquiry. Glock responded in a matter of a couple days with the DOM, or "born on" if you prefer.
    mine was less than one month.

14. nateo200

nateo200

Feb 10, 2015
    Upstate NY, PRNY
    Did you just go to Glock USA.com or whatever? I'm really curious now. Dealer said they got the gun in something like 2 weeks prior to me putting money on it. No test fire casings either.

refugeepj likes this.
  15. refugeepj

refugeepj

Jan 31, 2015
    northern Indiana
    I did indeed.
    used the "contact " information provided (e-mail) and my question was answered 4/5 at 9:41 am. still have the response.
    my manufacture date was 3/7/2016.

16. nateo200

nateo200

Feb 10, 2015
    Upstate NY, PRNY
    Thanks. I sent them an email, when I clicked contact it said they had a high volume of inquiries or whatever but when I submitted the question via email they said they'd get back to me with an email soon (although the product info subscription apparently failed on their end, no biggy). I have to wonder if Glock USA ever has a low volume of inquiries! Are most Gen4 Glock's made in the USA now? I thought it was something like any Gen4 made after 2013 was USA made....can't remember if my G26's slide says USA or Austria, pretty sure it says Austria but not sure if that's indicative. Do they still make all the Gen3's in Austria? Later on I might want to pick up a G34 or G17 for comp. shooting and for some reason I think it'd be cool to have at least ONE Glock that was Austrian made.

17. nateo200

nateo200

Feb 10, 2015
    Upstate NY, PRNY
    Well Glock emailed me back. My Gen4 OD G26 was born in December 2015 and made in Austria. A little bit delighted to have an Austrian made Glock as my first Glock and a new one at that!

18. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

Feb 4, 2015
    USA
    Is it OD (Olive Drab) or BFG (Battle Field Green)?

19. ColoradoGlock5280

ColoradoGlock5280

Jun 27, 2013
    Glock emailed me back again stating, "As far as the production date I’m not finding anything under that number". I asked if this is a common occurrence and Glock replied saying, "It's not too common, I think it has to do with it being an import and a special order serial number, it is an older firearm". Anybody have an opinion on this?

20. nateo200

nateo200

Feb 10, 2015
    Upstate NY, PRNY
    Meant to mention this specifically but I think I only did in the Serial number sticky thread. The case lists it as OD green, I would have preferred BFG since that matches some of the gear I have better but its definitely OD green as I have gear that is OD and it seamed to mach the color very nicely. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the gun ASAP to confirm. Austin Crane was the one who emailed me back, I have no clue if he was the technician for the gun or if he was just customer service but judging by others posts I think he was probably just customer service since he gave me a month and a date and origin of its "birth" (Austria). Does anyone have any solid data on the number of runs and quantity of Glock's in OD, BFG, FDE, and Grey there are? They don't seam like super super rare items rather just less common, I've googled this and not gotten much solid info or even anything close. Side note: I'd love a full sized Glock in Grey, I think it would go well with black gear and even lighter color gear.

EDIT: As for guns with unknown birthdate, import date, or test fire dates you'd think this would be something the BAFTE would want Glock to keep on hand....perhaps, much like the ATF, only the newer guns are recorded digital or something. I seam to recall the ATF losing a bunch of tax stamps for NFA items in a fire or something (oh the irony) but if the gun was made/imported after 1990 I would think their is a record somewhere. If you went through an FFL maybe see if they have any info? If you bought used through a buddy maybe ask him where he originally purchased and investigate a little....