close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock selection choice made: 22 Gen. 4. Please help.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RowdyatHeart, Feb 7, 2012.

1. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Earlier I posted a thread asking for your help to decide between a Generation 3 Glock 19, Glock 23 or Glock 21. My primary usages will be home offense and as a car weapon in areas where this is allowable. Should I decide to get my Concealed Carry License, I will hold to the axiom of a famous combat handgun instructor who advises us that a handgun is to be COMFORTING and not comfortable. I already have a Sig 2022 .40 that is a little smaller than the G22 platform. I am taking this time to thank all of you for your input.

I have been searching, researching and handling all manner of makes, models and configurations and I find the Gen. 4 Glock 22 for what it is, feels fantastic in my hand------much better than the Gen. 2 Glock 22 I had a few years ago.

The .40 just seems to be a no brainer for me---the guy who is not a person focused on handgunning. My passion is wingshooting but I do want a well made weapon with parts galore. The .40 seems to be a great compromise when price, power and performance are considered. With all due respect, there is a reason it has surged to be the police caliber.

Are their any serial numbers I should stay away from? I am guessing I should get the latest model I can. Any insight you may have is greatly appreciated.

2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Literally just picked one up a couple hours ago. Make sure you get the new ejector and you're good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Thanks for the help PDaddy. Is the number on that ejector I see the number I should look for or is there another way I make sure I have the right ejector? If that is the number, can you confirm it for me?------I think that number reads: "20986"

I really like the way Glock has done the replaceable back strap on the Gen. 4----some manufacturers have an exposed frame under the back strap like my Sig 2022---you take it off and you are looking at springs and a big hole. As one who sells products used to assemble steel and plastic parts----a hole in the frame represents the path of least resistance in the event of a catastrophic event like a "kaboom!". The chances are rare this would happen but from 20 years of selling adhesives, the explosion will go in the direction of the weakest point in a structure.

How do you identify the improved RSA? Isn't it designated by 04?

Many thanks.

4. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

It should not matter. The G22 gen 4 never had any issues. I would not confuse the 9mm issues with the .40. Just buy 1 & shoot it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Called Glock in Smyrna seconds ago. The helpful gentleman told me to look for an extractor with the number "28926" and a recoil spring of "014".