close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Round Count Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Nib-XG26, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Nib-XG26

Nib-XG26

I am wondering if there are any tricks to telling how many rounds have been fired from a used Glock? Anyone with lots of rounds through there gun and lets say there is a lot of wear on the barrel could you put a picture up and round count, I know some guys have 10's of thousands of rounds through there Glock I would like to see where the wear is at different round counts. Any Help?

2. JLarsson

JLarsson Livin' FREE!!!

It's simple. Just take the slide off and look underneath.

[​IMG]

It'll reset after 999,999 rounds, but that should be obvious.

Okay - just kidding. There's really no way to tell. :)

3. High Altitude

High Altitude

Barrel wear doesn't tell you too much.

The old finish wore off real quick. The new finish hardly wears at all.

4. MajorD

MajorD

most will exhibit wear in the area the barrel locks in the slide- some high shiny spots- but these tend to wear to a point then stop- so no way to know if it is 3000 or thirty thousand. honestly in a glock it doesn't matter- there good for at least 100k and probably more anyway. Only in rare circumstance are used guns ever previosuly shot that much.

5. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48

Pretty much what he said. My Glock 21 that I've had for right at 3 years has crossed the 6000 round mark and it looks about the same as it did when it crossed the 600 round mark. A bit of wear towards the muzzle from a million holsterings but other than that she looks as good as new!

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

This would be an indication that there was one more round than it was supposed to have through it...

[​IMG]

7. JLarsson

JLarsson Livin' FREE!!!

Looks like all the parts are there. A little superglue and you'll be good to go. :D

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

You might see "smilies" on the outside of the barrel, but I have a G17 with over 35,000 rounds and the inside of the barrel still looks (and shoots) great. I just took 3rd place with it in a GSSF match in Griffin, GA. $75 to me.

Few people shoot that much. You'll be fine. Just disassemble and look down the barrel. If you don't see something noticeably "bad", you're good to go.

9. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

I have Glocks in 9mm, 40, and 45. All with between 500 and 7,000 rounds. You can expect more wear in the 40 caliber guns at a given round count than the other two. I'd imagine the it would be the same for 10mm...