close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Glock" Movies

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Vault Keeper, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault
    Got the chance to watch The New Police Story (Jackie Chan)... nice movie...nice glocks!....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Makes you proud to own one...

2. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    I'm surprised that they are only showing that movie now in the Philippines. I was able to catch it about two months ago when I was on a provincial bus bound for Quezon City. Of course, the version I saw subtitled, and I had a hilarious time because of the translations of some of the subtitles... halatang pirata yung gumawa e.

3. Tukmol

Tukmol

Apr 24, 2005
    Perfect marketing tool IMHO....

Kelan kaya natin makita Armscor sa movies?:cool:

4. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Watch Starsky and Hutch, yung kay Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson. You'll see the RIA there in action (na pumuputok kahit naka slide lock).;f

[​IMG]

5. My favorite glock movie is "Man on fire" which stars Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. This is one 'tough-as-nails' movie.

6. bagito

bagito tanod

Mar 7, 2004
    london
  7. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

Mar 6, 2004
    ETiVAC
  8. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Yes, I liked Man on Fire a lot, but given a choice between watching it and So Close a second time, I'd definitely watch So Close, in spite of the less than realistic combat scenes ;f

9. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault
    Yep So Close.... ^c hope they come up with a English dubbed version! When I so preview at Star I thought it would be in English already...

10. In an episode of 24's season 1, Jack bauer also used a glock when he rescued his wife and daughter from the ruthless terrorist who held them captive. I just dont understand why he's using what looks like a Taurus Pistol when he's a federal agent. From what i know, federal agent's prefer Glocks above any other kind of pistol.
    but nevertheless, 24 is a very good, edge-of-your-seat t.v. series.

11. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    its addicting!;P

i just wrapped up season 4, i wonder if there would be season 5.

i think jack bauer uses a sig most of the time. but i could be wrong

12. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Yap. definitely one of the best movies Denzel ever made.

Revenge.....is a dish best served cold..

But I think that line is also from the movie Kill Bill.

13. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Kill Bill borrowed that line from Star Trek. It's originally an old Klingon proverb

14. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Speaking of So Close, Vicky Zhao have one of the most beautiful faces from the roster of Asian actresses:

[​IMG]

15. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

Jun 19, 2003
    Durian City, Philippines
    anybody seen LIFE AQUATIC with Bill Murray?, they have glocks as side arms.

that movie has also a bad publicity about Filipinos, there was a scene that their boat was hijacked by pirates, and guess what, the pirates are talking in tagalog and one crew member was communicating with one of the pirates because he knows how to speak tagalog/filipino. that crew member was then taken hostage. I think i know where the director get the idea of Filipinos as pirates and kidnappers.... Abu Sayaf Group! :)

16. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault
    Sad but true!

17. mirko128

mirko128

Mar 8, 2005
    Pilipinas
    I was only a bit interested in guns as a kid/young adult.

Somewhere along the way, the interest started growing. When I saw the movie Matrix: Reloaded, with Morpheus and his Glock 18 :cool:, it helped convince me to really get into shooting.

There's a nice site, BTW, which "documents" what guns were used on the Matrix movies (among other movies).

Which reminds me...Ronin is another favorite. Their accomplice turned villain carried a long slide Glock.

18. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    yeah, i remember watching one episode, one of his thugs dropped his glock while about to board a truck trailer. the glock went off, and i was like.."uh uh no way!";P