close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock MODS (From Essential To Cosmetic)

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by charlie-xray, Feb 10, 2007.

1. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    If you'd be in my shoes, what Glock MODS would you first and foremost invest on and the least.

Please specify model and location where to buy if possible.

These mods are for a G23 and G17, budget 20K each.

2. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    a "Protected by Glock " sticker
    Just have to look for a box type lancer to put it on

3. First priority: After market barrel and iron sights.

Second priority: Additional mags.

Third priority: Invest in practice ammo rather than cosmetic mods.

4. charlie-xray

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Thanks, will keep this in mind.

5. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

A lot of people will say invest it in ammo and training and I agree. That being said, I would get the following (in order of priority):

1. weapons light
    2. night sights
    3. barsto barrel
    4. Caspian slide

Hmmm...pero kung may budget na 20k each which means 40k total, I'd get a glock 26!;) Perfect MOD yun sa 17 and 23 mo!

6. charlie-xray

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Magkakaroon ulit ng kapatid yung magkapatid ko ngayon, hehe that's a nice one. Thanks.

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    WTS competition sights, FO front.
    additional magazines (17 rounder) - 2
    1 bodegang practice ammunition

8. charlie-xray

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Nice one pre, 300 rounds lang ng armscor FMJ .40cal nasaktan na ako sa presyo eh! cost me 5,500 huhuhu sakit sa bulsa pero ok lang.

Will surely invest on the extra mags, sure na sure.

Thanks pre, hope the pregnancy of your wife goes well all the way.

9. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

Dec 9, 2004
    if you intend to compete with it then +1 on the ammo. Its not as easy as shooting a cz or tanfoglio in production. Conversely, if its for carry, a good holster is enough

10. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    if you want to stick with the glock platform, i'd change to metal/night sights or i'd get a caspian slide and aftermarket barrel for the G23. The G17, i'd just change the sights.

serious advice ito, bro, bumili ka na lang ng hi-cap 1911. Armscor, ParaOrd, SPS, STI in .40 S&W. Iyon ang i-customize mo to your heart's content! Hindi mo na papansinin mga glocks mo after!

11. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    There is no need to modify a Glock.

It is .... perfect.

However, if you are planning to reload yourself or are planning to use lead bullets, then an aftermarket barrel with a fully supported chamber is almost necessary. If you always use new jacketed ammo, this isn't necessary.

If you are planning to compete in IPDA or IPSC, you can replace the trigger connector to a 3.5# connector which will bring down the trigger pull to approx 4.5#.

If you are shooting IPSC Production, you can add a FO front sight.

That's it.

12. JuDGe

JuDGe

Dec 2, 2002
    Mega-City One
    perfect statement from the gun guru! :thumbsup:

13. ogiebb

ogiebb

Oct 21, 2003
    MESA, ARIZONA
    Dawson sights,Barsto Barrel (legal ba sa IPSC prod ito?) 3.5 connector Basta wag lang baba ng 5# pull...

Cosmetic?
    Caspian slide
    Barsto Barrel
    Stippled grip
    Dawson Ice
    Dawson sights....

+1 sa suggestion nina Doc EC at Jason...im learning my lesson at babalik ba ulit sa 2011 platform (saka na muna CZ):hugs: :hugs:

14. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    haha

Sa mga 1911 fans, alam niyo ang mga baril hindi parang syota o jowa na pedeng magselos kung meron kang ibang baril.

Buy them all !!

You'll soon discover, as others all around the world have, that as a pure defensive pistol, that Glock is damn near perfect - especially yung Glock 19.

15. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    First ,good handgrip.(Pachmayr,Hogue)Second grip plug (Jentra or other brands)Third ,Wolf competition springs (#3 pieces)then good sights (Meps, Trijicon or Fiber optics).The factory barrels of Glocks just works fine for me.If you want KKM or Bar-sto barrel are good choices.Good luck and stay safe.

16. ogiebb

ogiebb

Oct 21, 2003
    MESA, ARIZONA

Sweater,

just saw your location, do you shoot IPSC ? if you are see you at Cenral Jersey tomorrow:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

17. Alamat

Alamat

Oct 19, 2005
    LV, NV
    sir, tama si doc ec, ganyang ganyan ang sinabi nya sakin nun sa glock at peter stahl ko, kaya ngayon, masaya po ako sa sps ko hehe.. tnx doc!:thumbsup:

18. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    Ogiebb, How you doing,i went to Central Jersey Gun club in Jackson few times, but i dont shoot IPSC yet.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  19. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    hwehehehehe! kelangan madaanan mo kasi lahat yan! you need to crawl before you can walk and run di ba!?! hahaha! yan ang tinatawag ni Mustafa na Circle of Life! Nyahahahaha! In the end, sa 1911 rin patutunguhan!

:supergrin: