close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock magazine DIASASEMBLY????

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HD45ACP, Nov 2, 2012.

1. HD45ACP

HD45ACP
    Expand Collapse

I'm failing so hard at disassembling my magazine I don't have a Glock armorer's tool but I used something similar and then the part that I punched in fell inside and got loose and I can't get te floorplate to budge LOL:faint:HELP:crying:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Butcher

Butcher
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Don't need an armorers tool to take apart a mag. Just force that sucker open. It's probably seized on there with carbon deposits. Stick a hex wrench down through the hole and use it as a lever

Keep scrolling....

3. KenInColorado

KenInColorado
    Expand Collapse

I just use my Glock punch tool thing to push in the little button on the bottom of the floor plate and then slide the floorplate off. Push the button in far enough that it makes a spring noise, then take the tool out. It should slide pretty easily after that.

You may want to google "glock magazine disassembly". There are bunches or write ups out there. Some will undoubtedly explain it better than I have. It's actually pretty easy.

4. Reswob

Reswob
    Expand Collapse

You have to squeeze the sides of mag tube really frickin' hard while you slide the floorplate forward.

5. ak103k

ak103k
    Expand Collapse

If you look down the mag body from the top, youll see to little tabs that protrude into the top of the base plate. Thats probably whats holding things up.

Ive never had good luck using just a tool or punch to rip the base plate off. I usually end up tearing it and the mag up trying.

I did get one of these, and it makes things so much easier and with no effort at all.....

http://www.mygtul.com/

Ive also used a pair of Channel Locs to squeeze the mag body just over the tabs with good results. Just take it easy, you dont have to squeeze to much at all.

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa
    Expand Collapse

next you will say you use a HAMMER to get the pins out

7. ak103k

ak103k
    Expand Collapse

You might want to take a hammer to it after trying to get them off with just using the Glock tool. :supergrin:

8. KenInColorado

KenInColorado
    Expand Collapse

Either I'm doing it wrong or you guys are. But for me the magazines are easier to take apart than it is to detail strip the slide, and you gotta admit that's pretty darned easy.

9. davsco

davsco
    Expand Collapse

yes, +100 highly recommended

10. dhgeyer

dhgeyer
    Expand Collapse

The floorplate will not come off unless you squeeze the body of the mag right over the little tabs that hold it on. And you have to do this while keeping the stud on the magazine insert out of the hole in the floorplate.

I only do this the first time. As soon as I get the floorplate off I cut the tabs off the mag body with an Exacto saw (very small and fine) and a good sharp woodworking chisel. After that the stud in the magazine insert holds the floorplate on just fine - like every other pistol magazine these days.

Way back when, if I remember correctly, Glock mags didn't have the magazine insert with the stud. The tabs on the mag body were what held it together. I have no idea why they kept the tabs when they added the magazine insert. They really aren't needed, and they are a pain.

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Place the mag body on the edge of the counter with the baseplate hanging over.
    Insert a Glock tool, or a 3/32 punch into the hole in the baseplate.
    Sharply push the tool toward the floor,........baseplate snaps loose.
    Remove tool, remove baseplate & internals. :cool:

No need for gimmick, one trick pony tools!
    No need for cutting, trimming or chiseling mag bodies!

#11 faawrenchbndr, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  12. ak103k

ak103k
    Expand Collapse

Ive done that, as well as a few other methods, and still always seem to have difficulties, and tear up the base plate, specifically the hole in it, as well as the inside of the mag with repeated disassemblies.

The GTUL may seem gimmicky, but it does work very well, and is the easiest of any method Ive tried. It takes no effort at all.

As far as being "gimmicky", its no worse than any of the other gimmicky Glock "accessories" people use, and it has no questionable side effects like some of the others.

13. samurairabbi

samurairabbi
    Expand Collapse
    Dungeon Schmuck

I see this situation frequently at the local gunshow.

You must shove the punch/tool as far into the hole as you can, and then lever HARD with your ARM muscles in addition to your finger and hand muscles. You will think you will break something; don't worry, you won't.

Compressing the mag sides can help the process, but is not truly necessary.

#13 samurairabbi, Nov 2, 2012
  14. HD45ACP

HD45ACP
    Expand Collapse

I tried the counter technique without the punch BEFORE and nothing, with the tool and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!:supergrin: LOL

15. Las Vegan

Las Vegan
    Expand Collapse

This this this. The first time I tried to disassemble a Glock mag it took me about 45 minutes of cussing and knuckle banging. The second time, after having had it apart and seeing where the tabs were and what they did, took about ten seconds. Squeeze them suckers in just the right place and you're golden.

16. unit1069

unit1069
    Expand Collapse

Check! This is the ticket to Glock mag disassembly.

17. Black&TAN

Black&TAN
    Expand Collapse

This depends on the generation of mags. Earlier did not have same support on all sides, and would compress to ease disassembly. However, for newer mags, jamming a punch all the way into the hole at bottom and push forward will do the trick every time, without deforming steel insert.

Granted, it's strange and feels like something might break, but this is the way it works. Best approach to avoid marring is to use a Glock tool, however a punch or similar will also suffice.

sent via Tapatalk

#17 Black&TAN, Nov 2, 2012
  18. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker
    Expand Collapse
    Incirlik AB

If a hammer doesn't work, you have an electrical problem.

19. SCC

SCC
    Expand Collapse
    Member Me

BS !!! :upeyes:

20. SCC

SCC
    Expand Collapse
    Member Me

get the right tool !!!!