close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock mag wells & floorplates

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by Mike Bell, May 2, 2012.

1. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mar 9, 2012
    East cost
    OK.... whats your opinions on all (or some) of the different floorplates and extentions for glock mags?

Im shooting a new Gen4 35 and have started looking for a mag well, then I was reminded about the mag floorplates not matching up with some mag wells.

Anybody try the Taylor Freelance extended floorplates??

And maybe an ICE or Zev mag well funnel???

2. I run the Arredondo +5's in my Gen4 22 (Ran a Gen4 35 all last season) with a Zev brass w/heavy brass insert in my USPSA Limited rig.

I have a bunch of Taylor Freelance +5's too. They work just fine.

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

Arredondo +5

[​IMG]

Taylor Freelance +5

[​IMG]

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    + another for Arredondo, their extensions are really solid

:50cal:

5. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Mar 9, 2012
    East cost
    Where is the cheapest place to get Arredondo and Taylor +5 base plates?

Brownells has the Arredondo's and Taylor's and I have to order some other stuff from them so I thought I could just get them from them to save on shipping.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    When I got my arredondos, price didn't change much between vendors. Unless you find some great sale you are probably safe to get them from Brownells.

7. etcetera

etcetera

Dec 13, 2013
    Are there any revisions to Arredondo extensions? I hear the older ones did not work well or had some issue.

8. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

Aug 10, 2002
    Philly Area
    The Dawson magwell will work with any baseplate, including stock. I like their baseplates too. Easy to take off and good capacity. I was getting 20 rounds of .40 in mine.

9. HK Dan

HK Dan

Mar 27, 2008
    Dawson, Taylor, and Arredondo all work interchangeably well. I use Arredondo, but a friend uses Dawson and Taylor. We both used ICE magwells. Don't look for a cheap price on them as you won't find it, they seem to be fairly uniform.