close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Glock: Made in the U.S.A. New Gen 4 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by weagle, Oct 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. weagle

weagle

May 16, 2008
    Sandy Springs Ga
    I believe the pistols with the Proof may end up being pretty rare here in the US. Proofing is not necessary and adds production costs, so I think once some of the production scheduling gets ironed out with the new US production, only guns intended for export to countries that require "proofing" will get the additional operation.

2. Jagr

Jagr Czech Sensation Millennium Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Car Lot, NC
    Not necessarily true. More and more are going through the proof process from my understanding. Just not all have the proof marks. I hear that it won't be long before all parts are US made.

3. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

Jan 24, 2011
    Correcto-Mungo!

4. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I wonder if these Made in the USA Glock 17s will eject brass into the shooter's face.

5. SmoKoY

SmoKoY

Oct 1, 2012
    I believe so. I have a US version g19 and my sister got hit with 2 ejected casings in the face. My son got hit once

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Sep 8, 2001
    USA
    These have the new non dipped extractor. I suspect your USA made 19 does not. I think this might be the fix glock has needed.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. GenoTac Ind.

GenoTac Ind. |KYDEX GEAR>

Jun 22, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Could it be that Glock is anticipating constraints on importing guns to us, so they are producing here as:worried: not to lose the market in case....

8. 40 S+W

40 S+W

Nov 19, 2011
    Metro Atlanta.
    I do believe military contract weapons have to be made in the USA!!! H&K has a new plant in New Hampshire.. Maybe thats the reason for USA glocks,, Gov contract down the road??

9. xeojx

xeojx

Mar 12, 2007
    Longwood Florida

I have to agree with hunter on this one skyboss. I love Glock and I love the USA but usa made glocks sounds like a recipe for disaster. If I remember correctly didnt another prominent European firearms manufacturer more or less do the same thing with less then stellar results.

10. Jagr

Jagr Czech Sensation Millennium Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Car Lot, NC
    Moronic statement from someone that obviously doesn't know what they are talking about.

The top 5 vehicles sold in the USA are built in the USA by Americans.

Toyota Camry
    Ford F150
    Honda Accord
    Toyota Sienna
    Honda Pilot

Took me all of 10 seconds to find that info.

USA Glocks parts and guns are made with the exact same equipment used in Austria. Most of the machines came straight from the factory in Austria. The processes and procedures are exactly the same.

You're talkin' out your hind quarters..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  11. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Well, I just looked, my 23 was made in Austria. Looks like my next one will be made in the US. :supergrin:

12. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

Mar 13, 2006
    Susquehanna Valley, PA
    Well, i was trying to get this blue label USA g17 from my dealer to no avail.
    Today at a local gun show i picked up a US G19, USA made with the GA proofs and octagon proof. It is a sn AAGG***. It was a red label so i still have my GSSF coupon to use on a G26 i want.

13. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Since they're made in the US they don't need the asinine finger grooves for import points. Why not nix them? I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I am just wondering, considering the hoops they had to jump through to get them imported that are now superfluous.

I think I'd still prefer a Gen 3, for internal parts compatibility with my other GLOCKs.

14. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Does Glock makes mags here in the USA?
    or those are still imported from Austria?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  15. countsk

countsk

Sep 29, 2009
    My USA manufactured Colt, LMT, Springfield, Mossberg, Ruger, etc. work pretty good. Come to think of it, the only foreign manufactured guns I own are Glocks.

16. bruzer

bruzer

Apr 18, 2011
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    The first thing my Wife says when I told her. "Great, now you'll want one of those!"
    She's right. I hope they are cheaper since they don't have to be imported. Haha
    Good luck and stay safe,
    Mike

17. Interesting point. I do not know if there is any truth to it, but it sound logical.

18. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    Some of us like the finger grooves.
    It easier for you anti-groovers to grind them off than it is for us pro-groovers to grind them on.

If anyone is selling a Dremel bit for grinding on finger groves, please let me know. :animlol:

19. NCHeel

NCHeel

Jan 20, 2006
    Charlotte N.C.
    You misunderstood him. he was referring to the grooves in the sport trigger that receive extra points on the BATFE import sheet.