close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

glock luminescent sights-best of both worlds

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by mo.glocker, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

Feb 5, 2010
    st.charles,mo
    has anyone used these they are the white outlined rear sight but they glow,i saw them on the new gen 4 websight,im sure they would fit a gen 3-looks like this would be the best of both,a glowing white outlined rear sight?just seein if anyone used them-jeff:wavey:

2. BWT

BWT

Apr 27, 2010
    USA
    Yes, work very well in daylight. Those are the Glock brand night sights.

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
  4. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

Feb 5, 2010
    st.charles,mo
    hey butch,do you think if these get to the usa would they fit my gen3 19,i would love to have a set of these,i love the glock factory sights ,i just wished they glowed for dusk use these look great:wavey:

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
    Oh sure, they'd fit just fine......and I also prefer the factory sight picture!

6. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

Feb 5, 2010
    st.charles,mo
    this is one of the reasons i got into glocks was their unique outlined rear sight,i will be calling glock on tues to see about these-jeff

7. Entreri

Entreri Shooter

May 24, 2004
    I actually prefer the stock rear sight as well (steel).

I now know what my next rear sight purchase will be.

8. gvf

gvf

Jun 25, 2007
    So, can you get these, in USA? Where, anyone know?

Do they function as night sights as well as enhanced visibility normal sights?

9. I just called Glock on my lunch break and asked the woman about these sights and she said the only glowing sights they offer are Glock and Trijicon. I don't think she fully understood what I was asking though. If anyone else knows anything about these please let us know. I am definitely interested.

10. tx787

tx787

Feb 11, 2010
    I started a thread about this a little while ago. They are glow in the dark like the ones on the HK45 and P30. Has anyone found out if Symra is installing these?

11. XM15carbine

XM15carbine

Sep 7, 2005
    Ohio
    These sound interesting. Would love to try a pair of them.

12. gvf

gvf

Jun 25, 2007
    They're not shown on their site under Options.

13. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Feb 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If these sights use the same formula as the HK luminova sights I would buy ten sets of them when they are available. My aging/problem eyes don't see small tritium dots as well any more. But I see the large dots on my HK P30 sights extremely well day or night. I too love the Glock standard sight configuration and this in luminova would be super !!! Bill

14. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Nov 29, 2003
    I NEED these!! My G17 demands them!! Seriously, guys. Any word on US availability yet? And, is the front sight a crimp-on or screw-on? Thanks.

15. My google search shows they come standard on the Gen 4 in South Africa and they got theirs in Feb. 2009!

I've already started to rag the rear sight on my G17.

16. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Feb 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I also called Glock factory on the sights and no one had any information what so ever. Who knows when or if we will see them in the USA. Bill

17. gfree

gfree

Sep 16, 2014
    GA
    These are still listed in the current parts list:

• NF17G32 - Sight - Luminescent - GLOCK - Front Screw-on (includes SP 05946 ) metal sight-not a night sight Fits All models - Gen3 & Gen4 (BOTH)
    • NR17G32 - Sight - Luminescent - GLOCK 6.5mm Rear (std height on G17-G19-G22-G23-G26-G27-G33-G34-G35-G37-G38-G39Gen3 & Gen4 BOTH) metal sight - not a night sight
    • NR17G33 - Sight - Luminescent - GLOCK 6.1mm Rear (std height only on G17L Long-Slide target pistol) - not a night sight

Same as standard steel fixed sights, except luminescent. Anyone know anything about these?

18. GunPro

GunPro

Dec 5, 2014
    I changed mine on my 19 to the new Delta 1 Sights.
    Here is the link to a pic in the gallery of a friend with the same sights on his.
    http://www.gunpro.us/gallery.html

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014