close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Lovers Help me Pick A Pistol Caliber Rifle

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stang68, Jan 13, 2012.

1. stang68

stang68

Sup every one. I'm a huge glock lover and I'd like to get other glock lovers advice on this. I'm looking to get a pistol caliber rifle. Iv been looking at the SUB2000 and the Hi-point if you know any please add them in. I'd love to see glock put one out but if you on here you know not to hold your breath. I'm open to all calibers so please let me know what ones you like any help you can give I'd appreciate it.

2. CourtCop

CourtCop Millennium Member

The Beretta CX4 has always looked cool to me

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

Many AR-15's can be set up to shoot .22, 9mm, .40

4. Glock40man

Glock40man

5. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

[quote="Cold Dead Hands" !;18424120]Many AR-15's can be set up to shoot .22, 9mm, .40[/quote]

:agree:

6. plugg99

plugg99

I have a Sub2k in the Glock 17, I love it. Very accurate little rifle and very compact. I have a G17 and hopefully will be getting a G26 shortly. The compatablity is a great thing. It is the most fun rifle I have ever shot. JMO

7. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

You could pay the $200 tax stamp and get one of the many glock pistol to carbine/pdw conversions out there and you will have the best of both worlds. Most cost about $350-$400.

8. G33Fla

G33Fla

check this
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpNA-TZnMC4"]CAA TACTICAL - #RONI - The pistol-carbine conversion - YouTube[/ame]

9. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

That Keltec Sub2000 sounds like a winner to me.

You can get it in 9mm or .40. The best thing is... you can use your Glock mags with it. I want to get one in .40

I think it's like $400, cheaper than a Glock !!?? I've heard the 9mm ones can be tough to find, not so with the .40s.

10. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Cant think of the names right now, but they have a unit that u can put a glock inside and make it a rifle. I think its the FAB KPOS or something like that.

11. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap

I have one that I'm pretty partial to. It has accompanied me on many an adventure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And another with survival axe;

[​IMG]

And another, sort of also;

[​IMG]

12. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

[quote="Cold Dead Hands" !;18424120]Many AR-15's can be set up to shoot .22, 9mm, .40[/quote]

My next long gun :whistling: is going to be a Colt 9mm AR

13. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

14. Cambo

Cambo

Beretta CX4 all the way.

15. ibanez67

ibanez67

You can get hi point and a kit to make it look like the beretta. I dont have the kit but i do have a 9mm hi point rifle and its been flawless with 2,000+ rounds.

16. 40frank

40frank

:agree:

17. HoldHard

HoldHard

For a while, Olympic Arms had a 9mm AR15-based carbine that used Glock magazines. It would work very well with the Glock 32-round "big stick". It is no longer being shown on their website but you may find one at a gunshow or dealer or on the gun sales websites (gunsamerica & gunbroker). This one expires on 1/19/12.

This is a picture with a standard pistol magazine in the carbine and they run about $960. They also came in a flat-top version with no front sight tower.

HH

[​IMG]

18. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap

On a sidenote, one thing that should be mentioned is that firing service pistol rounds from a carbine will pretty quickly expose the anemic power of these rounds. Compared to even light calibers like the .223 and 7.62x39, they are extremely weak and useful range is quite short.

For example...just my opinion, but why anyone would use the AR15 as a platform for 9mm escapes me. The .223 is so superior a round and with the basic rifle so similar in size, the 9x19 chambering seems like hobbling the racehorse and beating it to run faster. Maybe someone who has one can enlighten me as to the benefits.

The really small-frame guns have some utility in their extremely light weight and compact size.

In fact, I believe this is the last genre of gun yet to be explored by commercial providers. The $200 Tyranny Tax doesn't help matters, but as inflation erodes the value of that bit, more and more SBR's are being put together. What I'd like to see is a very small, folding stock semiauto in 9x19, 9x23 or 9x25 that has a 8-12 inch barrel and can be fired one-handed or with a good, tightly locked stock in place. Total weight not to exceed 3.5-4 lbs.

HERR GASTON GLOCK; HÖREN SIE MICH!!!!!

On a sidenote, the pistol-caliber carbine is an old idea. Truly, the PDW has been around for a long, long time.

My .44 carbine has much more power than any of the service pistol rounds, and it can be seen in killing butcher stock and other animals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These guys agreed;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

1- No one said they were using them for the same purposes.

2-I have found that the sights are similar enough that a 9mm carbine can be used to practice and it has less recoil and report. I can load 9mm cheapp but don't have a .223 die set and don't know what the cost is for reloading .223.

3- Do you carry a .44 revolver as well? I think the same ammo for long arm handgun is a convenience.

As far as PDW and short barrels, you and I think alike. I have been toying with the idea of a Krinkov in 5.45 (a la Bin Laden) or maybe a Micro Galil.

20. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap

It's funny. Maybe the Beretta Storm and the FN PS90 and Kel-Tec have assured the gun companies the niche is filled, but I still say something smaller and lighter would do the trick very well, and I think they'd sell a bunch of them, too. Using the Auto-Ordnance trick of providing both a 16" bbl and SBR-option 8 or so incher as well. Who knows...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012