close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock Jamming

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by glockdeerhunter, Feb 18, 2012.

1. glockdeerhunter

glockdeerhunter
    Expand Collapse

I have a glock 17 with a lone wolf extended barrel with a compensator on the end. Every bullet jams when trying to eject. I am using 115 grain winchester ammo. Any suggestions to fix issue.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. odglock17

odglock17
    Expand Collapse

Go back to stock parts.

#2 odglock17, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  3. tt350z

tt350z
    Expand Collapse

Did you change the weight of the recoil spring?

Trying going down to something like an 11lbs spring.

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Get rid of the compensator.

It is not allowing the slide to go all the way back to eject the round.

:cool:

5. Fastbear

Fastbear
    Expand Collapse

+1 on the compensator elimination. Am running a gen4 17 with a LW barrell and not a problem from the first round fired. The stock barrell was never fired, just the woofie. Gun leaves a nice pile of spent cases. All rounds have been reloads with 4.7 gr 231, 115 JHP Remingtons.

6. str8 shot

str8 shot
    Expand Collapse

Does this problem still exist when firing 124gr.+p or 147gr.+p ammo? If you can fire the heavier +p ammo with no problems your recoil spring is maybe too heavy. Is this a gen 4?

7. captcurly

captcurly
    Expand Collapse

Go back to OEM parts. If you want to play around with after market parts things like this happen. Glock got the reputation that is has by using factory (OEM) parts.

8. rider

rider
    Expand Collapse

+1 on the stock parts for the most part.
    My experience with compensators on 1911s though is that they generally slow down and smooth out the recoil impulse (that's their job) and the use of lower powered springs brings functional reliability back. I probably wouldn't ever totally trust the pistol for everyday carry set up like that though. But that's just me.

9. tnhawk

tnhawk
    Expand Collapse

My Glock and other pistols remain stock unless there is a compelling reason to change something. Reliability is more important to me than the "ability" to improve.

10. Peace Officer

Peace Officer
    Expand Collapse

One thing I had to learn the hard way with my Glocks is to keep them stock as a rock. All this aftermarket bulls%$@ seems to reduce their reliability.

11. 3000fps

3000fps
    Expand Collapse

You're not supposed to use 115 and LWD barrels

12. GRR

GRR
    Expand Collapse

Why not?

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

Why????

Is the barrel going to know the difference????

:headscratch:

14. sam colt

sam colt
    Expand Collapse

Go to Lone wolf's web site they will tell you why.

15. captcurly

captcurly
    Expand Collapse

What you said odglock17.

16. Silver_Bullet_00

Silver_Bullet_00
    Expand Collapse

I bet your shooting Winchester White Box. Go back to the store, and get anything besides Winchester White Box 115 grain, and I'll bet it will cycle. Glocks with the LW barrels have trouble sometimes with Winchester White Box. I remember a LW Representative posting about this on another forum also. Any other 115 grain 124 grain or 147 should be fine. The Federal, and Remington are cheap at Wal-mart.

Lots of picky guns don't like WWB

17. bruzer

bruzer
    Expand Collapse

Here is a link to Lone Wolf's FAQ's page.
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Content.aspx?PAGE=FAQ page
    It explains why the conversion barrels may experience problems with 115 grain ammo. Of coarse you could say, "But I am not using a conversion barrel". But you are using a compensator and that will add more weight causing issues for you and your G17. Good luck and stay safe.
    Mike

18. firerescue1231

firerescue1231
    Expand Collapse

I would have to agree with several members on here when it comes to adding to many after market parts to your gun. You tend to run into liability issues. Glock is a fantastic firearm and in my opinion, it needs little to no modifacation. And befor I did anything to my gun I would reserch the pros and cons befor I started buying hundreds of dollars of after market parts.

19. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

There's some good advice in this thread; but, the comments about, 'keeping your Glock bone stock' are ingenuous. The only reason for a Glock owner to keep his Glock, 'bone stock' is because he doesn't really know what he's doing and, also, doesn't want to take the time or make the effort to learn.

As for the OP in this thread? His pistol is short-stroking. Why? The answer is simple: Because the compensator is bleeding off too much recoil energy; and the ammunition is too weak. There are hundreds - if not thousands - of Glock pistol owners on this site whose Glocks are far from stock and run, 'like a Swiss Rolex' - I'm one of them; and I've been using Glock pistols with muzzle-ported barrels in them for nearly ten years, now. Never a problem! (With the barrels) ;)

Straight from the factory, numerous Glock pistols are FAR from perfect and need plenty of tweaking. An example would be all of the problems Glock pistols have recently had with their extractors and ejectors. Some of the analysis done by several board members, here, approached, 'Sherlock Holmes status' in the quality and accuracy of their investigations. (They should have been paid!)

#19 Arc Angel, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  20. GRR

GRR
    Expand Collapse

It does not say DON'T use 115 gr 9mm. It says you MAY have problems with crappy 115 gr 9mm ammo.