Glock hunting or animal harvest stories??!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Lumber31, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Want to hear all of your Glock vs Animal stories!!
    What were you doing? Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping,etc.?!
    What model Glock did you have / use?? Caliber??
    What load / ammo did you use??
    Animal shot / harvested??
    Distance of shot?!
    Where did you hit the animal??
    Performance of your gun/ammo? How far did animal travel after hit??
    Tell the story, paint a good picture for us so we can imagine being right there with you!!

I look forward to your responses!!!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    10mm Glock for hunting General Glocking Jan 8, 2015
    hunting/target sights for glock 20 Sights, Optics and Lasers Dec 20, 2014
    Hunting deer with the Glock 29 A/M barrel question Hunting, Fishing & Camping Aug 20, 2014
    Glock 20 for hunting Hunting, Fishing & Camping Apr 5, 2014
    Glocks for Hunting...Which One For You?? Hunting, Fishing & Camping Dec 22, 2013

3. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Does this one count? He was maybe 10 feet away, yowlin' and snarlin' and such and starin' with those beady little eyes.

So I squared up on him and plugged the beast with 180 grains of hot lead. Thereby ending the threat to all mankind. Most of you probably never knew it, but five years ago when this happened all of your lives were saved.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

4. Wild boar hunting

Distance: 10-15 feet

Placement: behind the ear and lungs

Weapon: Glock 27 .40 S&W

Cartridge: Federal HST 165gr
    #3 Gun Shark, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  5. Several rounds of Federal 155 grain hydrashoks into a deer struck by a motor vehicle which was alive but immobile in the center of a highway (route 80). I don't remember how many rounds but the deer was close. I wanted it dead as soon as possible so we could open up the highway again.

Weapon: G27
    #4 4949shooter, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  6. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA

I was in the Boundary Water Canoe Area. It was bear season, but I wasn't there for a bear so I wasn't prepared to be attacked by an animal. It was the end of a long day. I was tied. It was very dark. If you live in the city, go into a closet, put duct tape on the seams of the door, put on a blind fold, close your eyes, it was slightly darker than that.

I started cooking dinner. Cooking is an exaggeration. I boiled some water and dumped it into a pouch. This produced a nice aroma of spices. While I was waiting to get a warm meal in my belly, I was charged out of the darkness by another hungry mammal. I reached back into my tent and drew my Glock21 with TLR-2 from a full covered holster. I was faster than I expected. I chambered a round since I carry Israeli style, turned on the lazer/light, lined up the sights, pulled the trigger and there was a flash. The mouse exploded in it's tracks.

I am not sure what was wrong with the mouse, but it had no fear of me.
  7. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

I've shot dozens of raccoons and possums with my G21. Most were in traps off my back deck. Most were shot with 200gr cast handloads.

I have also shot several feral dogs, coyotes, and feral cats. All were with handloads, most cast lead but some were hollowpoints, either gold dots or hornady XTP.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
  8. glockandgroovin'

glockandgroovin' Devil Dog

Deer at 20 yds,I shot left,hitting deer in the neck. Not much of a blood trail.Upon recovering deer,less than 50 yards from where it was shot,I realized why,my shot had destroyed the windpipe. Was shooting Underwood 220 grain HC out of a G20.
  9. Next week I will be stalking the mountains looking for a nice Blacktail buck, Black Bear or Hog. I'll be packing a rifle AND a Gen 3 Glock 20sf. With any luck I will get a chance to bag something with the Glock 20 loaded with Underwood's ammo 200 grn Nosler JHP @ 1250 fps.

Good luck to all of you in the field with your Glocks!!
  10. One possum with Glock20, at night with flashlight providing illumination. I did so badly, multiple body shots, I then and there decided some night sights were a definite need.
  11. Black bear. One shot to the back of the head with a Glock 19.

But... It was a cub

That had been hit by a car.

And had a broken back.